Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I wait for my black rims and stainless spokes to be shipped from Buchanan's in California, I have been searching for a fender. I was able to harrass, embarass and swindle my buddy Chet into giving up a ribbed fender he said he had in his basement. It is steel, with a few holes brazed up. I will blast it tomorrow and see what lurks under the fine patina. You think I should buy him a cold beer?
Ray in CT

Attachments

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
that's a great score. hell yeah ya should buy him a beer or 6. if not i'll take a beer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
good score, diffinatly worth a beer or three. I have a question though, i have one just like yours, and i know they were original on english bikes, but, mine has made in japan stamped on it. Did any jap bikes use this style? or is mine a repop? it looks old but it doesnt have any mounting holes in it at all. I got a good deal on it so i dont care if it original or not, i was just wondering.

·
Registered
385 Posts
bu7an3 said:
beer is most appropriate under these conditions. good score.
then again, beer is appropriate under most conditions. :D
Friends who sacrifice KILLER fenders for friends.........definitely deserve beers!!! :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
scootermcbeaverson said:
good score, diffinatly worth a beer or three. I have a question though, i have one just like yours, and i know they were original on english bikes, but, mine has made in japan stamped on it. Did any jap bikes use this style? or is mine a repop? it looks old but it doesnt have any mounting holes in it at all. I got a good deal on it so i dont care if it original or not, i was just wondering.
They were not O.E. on any british bike . That is a myth , they are styled like a early style british fenders . They were aftermaket fenders that were made in England And Japan . So they ended up on all sorts of bikes from that eara .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Trumpnut said:
They were not O.E. on any british bike . That is a myth , they are styled like a early style british fenders . They were aftermaket fenders that were made in England And Japan . So they ended up on all sorts of bikes from that eara .
ah! I see. I didnt know that. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts