Jockey Journal Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's a freakin' cool bike, and what a story behind it. BTW I love your front pegs with adjustable positioning, the use of big washers for fabrication...hmmm hope ya don't mind if I steal some of your bracket ideas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI I am new to the site. and I think your bike is cool to see. keep up the good work ED123-- I an puting on a zx14 frontend on my new build could you tel me -witch-size roter,s you use on your wheeel. I will to put on a 21'' harley-wheel-but I need a biger roter,s-thank you

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't think being a purist has anything to do with it. Ammo cans don't look right on motorcycles. Just like the battery box covering a 70s Shovelhead doesn't look right.

I know you're going for an "america" look but throwing too many colors in there will just make it end up in the ugly bike thread.

Not trying to hate, just giving my advice.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
The can is chopped and channeled I should have narrowed it a 1/2 in hindsight. So we'll see how it looks when I get the oil tank bank from Wes Freed

Trying to give a perspective of size. I don't mind constructive critiscim, and to be honest I am just going with what I have available and things I understand. When you look at a sleek clean short chop there is a lot of skill that I just don't have yet to make it happen.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
HI I am new to the site. and I think your bike is cool to see. keep up the good work ED123-- I an puting on a zx14 frontend on my new build could you tel me -witch-size roter,s you use on your wheeel. I will to put on a 21'' harley-wheel-but I need a biger roter,s-thank you
310mm nissans with 12mm offset 5 hole pattern, the 5 hole is in the same position as a harley just the holes are bigger like 10mm so the bolts need to run a small brass bushing around them your only trying to take up about 1.5mm of space. I found mine at a junkyard so couldn't tell you what they came off of but I have seen the same ones on Ebay. Z14 is gonna be pretty stiff depending on the motor and center of balance on the bike.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Infidel,

Pay heed to the advice on colors. You've got a LOT going on already, between the bright paint (which I rather like), the chrome wheels and the gold anodizing on the front end. From this point, I'd go with lots of satin black and a little satin silver/brushed aluminum for contrast. Chrome would be minimal to non-existent.

Go to Grinder Bill's thread and look halfway down page 3, at his oil tank and its mount. That's a real good example of what I mean by using just a little silver in the right places for contrast. And please, for the love of all that's holy, no olive drab.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Infidel,

Pay heed to the advice on colors. You've got a LOT going on already, between the bright paint (which I rather like), the chrome wheels and the gold anodizing on the front end. From this point, I'd go with lots of satin black and a little satin silver/brushed aluminum for contrast. Chrome would be minimal to non-existent.

Go to Grinder Bill's thread and look halfway down page 3, at his oil tank and its mount. That's a real good example of what I mean by using just a little silver in the right places for contrast. And please, for the love of all that's holy, no olive drab.
I am going to take your advice I have to shorten the battery box a little and then I think, try to get rid of the surplus styling, and do the best I can to get it to sit in the background on color.

I did manage to drag it out of the shed and take it down to the local Average joe car show, I didn't enter because I am still waiting on the oil tank.

I don't know the big bitch in the background!

·
Banned
980 Posts
More olive drab, more olive drab! At least you're different man, if you did what all the experts said your bike would be just like the million other hacked up trumps out there. Olive drab is our new cool Infidel, fuck, who wants to be cool anyway, lets change cool to warm just to be different man! Hey man, that bike of yours is sooo warm man, I dig it! Muffs might scrape though dude. Enjoy ridin with your inside smile!

61 - 80 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.