Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now she is actualy 90% percent done I have posted a few photos of it around but didn't do a build thread I understand it might be a little lame for some peoples taste. Hopefully it still belongs here.

70 T120 picked up in 07

The top end had adaptors to run Mikunis along with some stripped heads
and a nice weld in the primary cover.

Detabbed and stipped with aerosol paint stripper from lowes, wire wheel jumpsuit and face sheild. repop tank from brit bike I think. biltwell solo seat and bungs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I took the motor to D&D triumph in pensacola for a rebuilt and a belt drive,and a tiger head instead of the bonnie, (still running a mikuni carb). It's nice to have a motor that initialy works when you have never worked on one of these types before.

Stoked when I brough it home

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So pretty much anything I did with the primary would make it look better.

Que the hacksaw and pawnshop drill press.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2006 ninja front end I really wanted to use the XLCR front wheel only because I didn't even know this bike existed before I started reading stuff here.

The neck had to be opened up .060 to run roller bearing for the triple trees I kinda feel bad about that but other than that the hoop and is unmolested.
The front axle is 25mm and up until 2000 I believe all Harleys ran 3/4 axles, this is a lesson I learned the hard way. My however happened to own a 2010 XL1200N

Garage buddy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So after giving my wife her front wheel back, I ordered a 21 with black hub from DNA this is my first build ever in hindsight I should have taught my self how to lace one up on my own. The rotors are nissan and the calipers are the stock tokicos and the fit is just dumb fucking luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I flipped the shift lever around used a piece of 1" round stock and shortened big block pushrod for my linkage.

I knixed the aluminum oil tank and got the this wing looking one (don't worry it's set up for rocker feed). The shift arm is a SBC alternator bracket, the roofing hammer is off a raid on an Iraqi IED cell.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honda Ruckus headlights and upsidedown bracket with battery eliminator mounted up front. I cut out the ignition key hole and polished the shit out ot it. KIA bracelet for a buddy who kind of was the spark that started the whole thing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everything I have learned about painting I learned on this board.

Dupli-color and 2000 grit sandpaper.

When it comes to wet sanding I have learned you need to know when to put down the crayons

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shitty valve and veneer caliper chain tensioner, wifes rollerderby wheel.

Army issue duffle bag seat cover tried to make the fender struts crescent shapes like a mosque minaret. I had them powdered coated gun metal gray.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Foot actuated left front brake, needs an longer cable I tried not to give it too much leverage just enough to scrub off speed while I down shift.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The paint is all rattle can duplicolor, I have no artistic talent just some patience.

Backstory on the paint job if it helps, my old man did two tours in Vietnam and for his troubles he won part of his buddies canteen that was on his hip stuck in head for the rest of his life until he died of brain cancer. This isn't a nod to the movie or the characters it's a "fuck you" to it. I have a few tours racked up overseas disarming IEDs I think I can rock the CPT America without feeling like a cheese dick. I am not trying to argue everyones tast is diffrent, but it's not a monster truck T-shirt or a tapout sticker on the back of my truck.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts