Jockey Journal Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
And here is where the springer landed....

BSA tank with homemade badges and Pan insignia....

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I sold one of those beat up springers on ebay a couple of years ago... looked very familiar. i kept waiting for you to call me out or something. Man, wish i would have kept it now that i've seen this post. Great job!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I sold one of those beat up springers on ebay a couple of years ago... looked very familiar. i kept waiting for you to call me out or something. Man, wish i would have kept it now that i've seen this post. Great job!!!
I got out of Florida. Was that you? I got it cheap, so no calling out. LOL!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nope, wasn't me... perhaps we have a common friend we didn't know about that lives in Florida...? LOL... oh man, i can't be held responsible except for my own "drinking and bidding" on ebay. Man, i've woke up with some close calls in my ebay account. Asking if i wanted to keep bidding... jeez.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Great job on resurrecting that springer. Do you like a challenge? Wanna have a go at this one?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Holy HELL!! It looks tumorous. It might be terminal, and is most likely highly contagious. Keep it away from me! Do you have the rest of it?

·
Banned
7,407 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
that's awesome, how did you compress the bottom springs to get the top ones and the rod through?
You can also install the assembled springer into the frame with the wheel installed but without the top nuts in place. Then have a chubby friend sit on your bike or with the motor and tranny installed you sit on it. That compresses the springs enough that you can start the top nuts while pushing down firmly on the nuts while turning them.

If you don't have any clamps or a proper springer spring compressor that is a cheap work around that requires no special tools.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Holy HELL!! It looks tumorous. It might be terminal, and is most likely highly contagious. Keep it away from me! Do you have the rest of it?
Yes, I do have the rest of it, 'cept I might have sold or given away the rockers. Below is what it looked like not long before I sold this bike to a friend back in 1986. About a year and a half later I bought the bike back. When it came back to me it was laying on it's side in the back of his pickup (we swapped trucks in the deal too.) What you see done to the springer was just one of the atrocities.

On a side note, I picked up the new Street Chopper today and there's an article about narrowing these springers, lotsa pics.

·
Registered
726 Posts
damn cool pan before hand sucks it came back laying on its side
Yes, I do have the rest of it, 'cept I might have sold or given away the rockers. Below is what it looked like not long before I sold this bike to a friend back in 1986. About a year and a half later I bought the bike back. When it came back to me it was laying on it's side in the back of his pickup (we swapped trucks in the deal too.) What you see done to the springer was just one of the atrocities.

On a side note, I picked up the new Street Chopper today and there's an article about narrowing these springers, lotsa pics.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

If you want to get rid of it, let me know. I could make an attempt at removing the tumor and saving it. I suppose it would be worth a try. It ain't any good as is, so what's to lose, right? Let me know. And that pan WAS sweet. Too bad about what happened to it.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts