Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a reproduction BT springer and a new style wheel with 3/4 axle(no brakes). what axle setup are you guys using with late model (3/4 axle) wheels? Are you drilling out the left rocker and sleeving the right or maybe even replacing them with 45 rockers? maybe I'm going at this wrong but figured I'd ask before I butcher something. thanks in advance.

sorry if this has been covered before, I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Are your rockers 5/8 if so just go to Bearings Inc. or same kinda of similar company and replace the 3/4 bearings with 5/8 should be a simple swap.I think Teach on here had some kinda post about this awhile back.You would lalso have to make a center shim to go between the bearings to set the preload on them.Hope this helps.I think this should be able to be done with out alot of fabrication and building.
Shoe
tom said:
I have a reproduction BT springer and a new style wheel with 3/4 axle(no brakes). what axle setup are you guys using with late model (3/4 axle) wheels? Are you drilling out the left rocker and sleeving the right or maybe even replacing them with 45 rockers? maybe I'm going at this wrong but figured I'd ask before I butcher something. thanks in advance.

sorry if this has been covered before, I couldn't find it.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks.

I got the spacer thing covered and have a small lathe so should be able to turn the axle down a bit. Hey Trent, what did you make the axle out of? specifically, if you made it from roundbar what material did you use and on the non-threaded end as a nut/stop? I guess you could weld a big nut to solid stock and thread the other end after turning it down a bit...may not look real good though.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
tom said:
thanks.

I got the spacer thing covered and have a small lathe so should be able to turn the axle down a bit. Hey Trent, what did you make the axle out of? specifically, if you made it from roundbar what material did you use and on the non-threaded end as a nut/stop? I guess you could weld a big nut to solid stock and thread the other end after turning it down a bit...may not look real good though.
I made a shouldered cap and tig'd it on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.