Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
V-Twin Big Twin Springer. I was doing some searching for axles and found two different types. View attachments. One of them has a sleeve like spacer or something and one of them doesnt? Do I need that sleeve? Is that sleeve for a drum or brake? Spacer? Is that needed to bolt up the axle to the axle points on the springer?

Im thinking of putting on a 16" Rim with rotor setup so I can use a brake caliper. Not sure if that sleeve is for a drum or something. Im pretty sure Ill have to modify the axle or at least create custom spacers for the setup.

Any clarifications on this would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
That sleeve does double-duty as a sleeve for a drum brake and an axle spacer if you're running a star hub wheel. The sleeve (threads facing out) fits over the thinner part of the axle and all that goes through your left side rocker. The sleeve is held in place with that nut on the other side of the rocker, then your axle nut and pin goes on. On my triumph I'm just running a star hub so I just use it as a spacer.

Vtwin used to have diagrams on their catalog pdfs, but it looks like they've fucked up and redesigned their website. Might wanna get a manual.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sleeve does double-duty as a sleeve for a drum brake and an axle spacer if you're running a star hub wheel. The sleeve (threads facing out) fits over the thinner part of the axle and all that goes through your left side rocker. The sleeve is held in place with that nut on the other side of the rocker, then your axle nut and pin goes on. On my triumph I'm just running a star hub so I just use it as a spacer.

Vtwin used to have diagrams on their catalog pdfs, but it looks like they've fucked up and redesigned their website. Might wanna get a manual.
Yea the VTwin catalog pdfs is garbage so I dont even count on there pictures. Anyways I am running a star hub wheel and that is exactly what I wanted to hear that the sleeve does go through the rocker. So it is something that I will be needing. I was told I didnt but I was questioning it. Is there anyway you can show me a picture of your setup?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts