Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make an early British style girder? Repop or not. All I see are these crazy, overstretched girders on the market. That dick head Tallon used to make em and they looked cool, but were of crap quality and heavy from what I've heard, but they were short little front ends. Anyone know what's out there that's early looking? Anyone say screw it and make there own?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are super bad ass! Sorry for not doing the search... What does Spartan get for those?

I was actually thinking of a girder that looks a little more like the one on this Triumph Speed Twin...

Seems like one could be made pretty easily using existing links and replacement parts for that girder in the picture (if available). I just like the triangulated look. Got that picture from BritBike.com.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
scootermcrad said:
Okay, if nobody wants to talk about "repops".... who's selling/building girders that have a good early look to them and aren't 10-over?
I think Donnie Smith makes some different lengths.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Polock Joe said:
Saw it in person......it's awesome and I hate girders.
I was never a big girder fan either, but for some reason the little short ones are starting to grow on me a bit... can't really explain it. It actually might be Brandon's fault because of that Tiny Dancer BSA that he built. I've like them ever since... that must be it.

Anyone ride one? What the hell do they feel like? Never ridden a bike with a girder.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
It would be trick to do a short girder like George's on a bike setup for handling stick in a Ohlins shock with remote resevoir...(daydreaming over here) that may handle pretty well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts