Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Tiny Member
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's it going to cost me to find one and where do I look? Has anyone seen one? I'm willing to pay a lot. Seriously.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
There was someone here that was selling a S&S super E. Whats the "L"?
Tony Bones said:
what's it going to cost me to find one and where do I look? Has anyone seen one? I'm willing to pay a lot. Seriously.
 

·
Tiny Member
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chicoman7 said:
There was someone here that was selling a S&S super E. Whats the "L"?
It's the super cheap junk version that I just happen to need for my bike that'll be equipped w/ super cheap junk. It isn't worth a damn thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
haha. Nothing like super cheap parts to keep you wrenchin in the garage or broke down on the road :)
Tony Bones said:
It's the super cheap junk version that I just happen to need for my bike that'll be equipped w/ super cheap junk. It isn't worth a damn thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
917 Posts
Tony Bones said:
what's it going to cost me to find one and where do I look? Has anyone seen one? I'm willing to pay a lot. Seriously.
You have been listening to 'poonster for too long.
He has me on the same search for not one, but two! (just got one today...cheep!)
Oh, and dual magnetos.
Whatta pain this guy is.:D
Sheesh.
G.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
were those carbs the shit or what? or just a cool novelty?


performance -wise, what's the benifit of running one, and is it easy to maintain(replacement parts and such?)



I know a guy around here with a couple, I'll ask him if he'll sell
 

·
Tiny Member
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G Griffin said:
You have been listening to 'poonster for too long.
He has me on the same search for not one, but two! (just got one today...cheep!)
Oh, and dual magnetos.
Whatta pain this guy is.:D
Sheesh.
G.
Granted, it's only the second thing on the bike I've wanted to do that he actually thought was a decent idea, but the idea was mine, all mine.

I'm pretty sure Tim Conder can tell you about dual Mag.'s. Yikes!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,888 Posts
Tony,
I've got one with an o-ring panhead manifold. I'm not real interested in selling it, but if you can't find another one we'll see what we can do. The cost of the carb isn't gonna be much compared to the surgery to have a double jointed knee install in your right leg to clear the carb. Man, they hang out a mile.
Larry T
BTW, they're basically an oversized Linkert.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
use a Shorty :)
Larry T said:
Tony,
I've got one with an o-ring panhead manifold. I'm not real interested in selling it, but if you can't find another one we'll see what we can do. The cost of the carb isn't gonna be much compared to the surgery to have a double jointed knee install in your right leg to clear the carb. Man, they hang out a mile.
Larry T
BTW, they're basically an oversized Linkert.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
larry T, finally some senceable talk. the L series carb's are ONLY for raceing.

they also look foolish, they were discontinued out of embaressment by S&S.

I know a few guy's that love em. its only cuz they think they're cool.

whats cool is a hop'ed up linkert!!! the badest most versatile carb ever used on a V twin. they have 8 different size venturi options, can be jeted to run excelent fast, slow & cruzing all in one. over the years Ive run pan heads with linkerts in circles around new & old bikes with all kinds of carbs.

thats a bad motherfucker. who wants a tinkering nitemare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,888 Posts
chicoman7 said:
use a Shorty :)
Wasn't the E first called the Shorty?? I think the B's and the D's were the same length as the L's, and there ain't nothin short about 'em.

As long as we're talking carbs, I have an intake I bought from "Mel's TV repair".
Anyone know who it is? They're still in business. (Hint) It's got a SU bolted to it.
Larry T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Larry T said:
Wasn't the E first called the Shorty?? I think the B's and the D's were the same length as the L's, and there ain't nothin short about 'em.
I don't know much about S&S carbs, but the E I've got has "shorty" cast into the top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
317 Posts
Anyone have a pic of an L so I know one if I see it at a swap or something?
 

·
Tiny Member
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
fatherfury said:
larry T, finally some senceable talk. the L series carb's are ONLY for raceing.

they also look foolish, they were discontinued out of embaressment by S&S.

I know a few guy's that love em. its only cuz they think they're cool.

whats cool is a hop'ed up linkert!!! the badest most versatile carb ever used on a V twin. they have 8 different size venturi options, can be jeted to run excelent fast, slow & cruzing all in one. over the years Ive run pan heads with linkerts in circles around new & old bikes with all kinds of carbs.

thats a bad motherfucker. who wants a tinkering nitemare.
I have no argument. I want the carb. because it's rare, just like I want 1st editions of old Hot Rod and Cycle magazines because they're rare. I'm like that.

Outside of being a neat piece I've seen in old biker magazines, I really don't know much about them.

You've educated me.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top