Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my triumph is about to hit the streets I'm wondering what the redline would be, or at least what it should sound like since I dont have a tach. The motor is a unit 650 that was just professionally rebuilt with .040 over pistons, hot cams, milled head, all new bearings, gaskets, etc. Basically everything is new on the entire bike: carb, cables, controls, electronics, etc. I understand I have to take it easy for a while until the motor is run in but after that, I'd hate to short shift it & miss out on the power those cams may help produce. This may sound crazy but is there a sound clip somewhere on the net of a 650, banging through the gears & hitting max revs?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm.........i Believe Redline Is Right Before It Goes Bang.. I Know Another F-n Comedian.....ride It Till Its Broken In 350-500 Miles And You'll Feel And Hear A Difference In How It Sounds And Feels. Only Then Will You "learn" Where Your Redline Is...hope It Helps-respects,cheif

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ive looked for sounds clips for a lot of bikes and have found shit, then again I really suck at searching for stuff.

If you can hear it start to float, back it off a little is about the best advice I have ever gotten..

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Just like any other MC out there. You can tell when she's straining.
Put a larger tranny sprocket on it if it feels like it's revving too high.
We don't need no stinkin tachs....

·
Registered
237 Posts
I like tachs, little bitty ones.

Creepinogie said:
Just like any other MC out there. You can tell when she's straining.
Put a larger tranny sprocket on it if it feels like it's revving too high.
We don't need no stinkin tachs....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts