Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my shovel has been languishing while I rebuild my evo chop. I suddenly have some urgency to finish it, as I will be riding it to paso in a few weeks. So basically, I am fucked unless I hurry. Here's what I've been doing:

I made a new beltguard and seat and mounted the new oilbag that I made. I am making new pipes, too--this one is almost done, it will sweep up when I finish it. The rear pipe will loop around the seat downtube and line up with the front pipe headed skyward.

I made a totally new sissy bar, and I made it tall because I wanted to. It's not done yet (I have to fill in the tip and shape it):

Here's a shot of the other side. I made a side-mount license plate bracket and mounted my new brake, too (I shitcanned my exile sprotor and I'm rocking a 4-piston PM brake now):

Still a shitload of stuff to do. I need to finish a bunch more fab work, get chrome, powder and upholstery done before May 20. Fuck.

Oh, and here's a shot of my speed triple, because going fast and popping wheelies rules:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the third version of this bike--I changed it soon after those pictures for the magazine were taken and am changing it again now. As I get better at welding/fabricating, I keep wanting to make things stronger and better looking. At some point I'll have to leave it alone.

The oil bag was a fucking pain to weld, it is thin gauge stainless steel and I kept burning through until I got the heat right. . .

Luke Nosewalker said:
That looks awesome. I dig your oil bag too. Looks alot different from the horse issue it was featured in.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a box of bending mistakes from Stahl headers about two years ago and I still have enough bends to make at least three more sets of pipes--I already built two out of them.

StraightPipez said:
Who are you using for the exhaust bends?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Tha Nutz said:
I got a box of bending mistakes from Stahl headers about two years ago and I still have enough bends to make at least three more sets of pipes--I already built two out of them.
These are Stahl bending mistakes as well...
Great deal!

G.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
hey man, the HD is quite a looker.

i also have a speed triple. an '04 SE. black frame & wheels, came with the flyscreen & seat cowl. i put over 20k miles on it in 2 years & i still love it to death. last summer i hammered everyone at a track day at pocono east & then a week later, rode it up to toronto, down through ohio & back - 1400 miles in 3.5 days. ive never ridden a more amazing, all around bike. my girl also has no problem riding with me on 400+ mile days. plus, ya cant beat how wheelies are just a roll of the throttle away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts