Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the evo. I made a new sissybar, pipes, I made a new seat (fatlucky covered it for me), I finished the new front springer leg, finished the oil tank (which the polishers over-polished and made it leak) and changed a bunch of other little stuff. I think it's gonna stay this way for a while.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I made the front leg, it used to be one of those fugly DNA springer legs that are square on top. I hated it so much I made a new one.

Luke Nosewalker said:
That rad! Looks like fun. Did you make the front leg on that springer? I took your advice and powdercoated my wheels black.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
That looks just as cool as any other springer now. Funny how much that front leg changes the look of it. Did you have it chromed or is it polished?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chromed.. My ass still hurts from the chrome/polishing bill.

Luke Nosewalker said:
That looks just as cool as any other springer now. Funny how much that front leg changes the look of it. Did you have it chromed or is it polished?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually changed hand controls about a year or so ago, they are jaybrake ones. I was going to change them again to sportbike/motocross style controls, but it seemed wasteful when the ones I have work fine and look ok. The HD ones started to bug me, so they had to go.

Abe_Lugo said:
you also changed the hand controls, what are you running now? I remember you running late HD ones.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought some stiffer internal springs for the bottom springs from McMaster Carr to compensate for the increased leverage from the longer rockers. So the ride doesn't feel stiffer or softer, just more pliant. It absorbs the road bumps way better than before. I also put needle bearings in the rockers, which was a vast improvement.

Faust said:
How does the front end ride with the new/longer rockers? Softer?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts