Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who sells differant length rear shocks, that lists the lengths on there website. I looked at a bunch of companies but most are in the 11" to 14" range, I want some 9" or 9 1/2". Thanks.

-john

·
Registered
59 Posts
i need this info for my bike. anyone have any suggestions?
btt

Tina

jabber said:
Who sells differant length rear shocks, that lists the lengths on there website. I looked at a bunch of companies but most are in the 11" to 14" range, I want some 9" or 9 1/2". Thanks.

-john

·
Registered
675 Posts
Progressive shocks are my favorite.
jabber said:

-john

·
Registered
726 Posts
We usually get 10.5 shocks from Japanese bike junk yards. That is the smallest we have ever looked for so they may have shorter ones but I've rarely seen any shorter that 11 on the net.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Mansruin said:
i called progressive, the smallest they have is 11 inch. about how much do the works shocks run? i am considering just making a strut bars instead of spending that money. is that such a bad idea?
what are you putting them on? if the bike is going to be setup to handle, look into the works stuff becuase thats what they are all about...if the bike isn't, try the struts, you could always switch up later.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tom said:
what are you putting them on? if the bike is going to be setup to handle, look into the works stuff becuase thats what they are all about...if the bike isn't, try the struts, you could always switch up later.
They are going on an xs, if we use struts we can go as small as 9 inches, in we use shocks then around 9 and 3/4. I just thought we might as well try and get some short shocks if we are still going to have the same profile. The struts look kinda weird and ride worse. So might as well have a suspension.

-john

·
Registered
337 Posts
Shocks!! You don't need shocks on a rigid!! And what's all this talk of a suspension? haha. Man, I gotta get out to ya'll place and check out this machine.

-eddie

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
baytowngreaser said:
Shocks!! You don't need shocks on a rigid!! And what's all this talk of a suspension? haha. Man, I gotta get out to ya'll place and check out this machine.

-eddie
Don't be gay. This will look cool, and be done in less than 3 weeks, for under a grand, running down the road. And besides, you know her bsa is tuffer than yours anyways.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
jabber said:
They are going on an xs, if we use struts we can go as small as 9 inches, in we use shocks then around 9 and 3/4. I just thought we might as well try and get some short shocks if we are still going to have the same profile. The struts look kinda weird and ride worse. So might as well have a suspension.

-john
Anyone remember the struts that had a small spring(almost like a valve spring) on them to give them some "suspension"? They might work.......or they might kill your back when they bottom out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
my bike is almost done. dont be gay.

baytowngreaser said:

-eddie

·
Registered
68 Posts
try this guy... MB
8025 aeroatar,falcon, CO. 80831

1-800-825-5545 or 1-719-683-3838

he will shorten your shocks for 69 bucks a pair.
he does nice work and has quick turnaround time. i used him for shocks a few times. he will shorten the rod and springs.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
blktopbandit said:
try this guy... MB
8025 aeroatar,falcon, CO. 80831

1-800-825-5545 or 1-719-683-3838

he will shorten your shocks for 69 bucks a pair.
he does nice work and has quick turnaround time. i used him for shocks a few times. he will shorten the rod and springs.
The only problem with this is, we took the spring off and with the top eye of the shock all the compressed to the top of the housing it was 10 inches. And we wanted smaller than that. But thanks, I'll keep the info for a later project.

-john

·
Registered
421 Posts
Do I need to bring the sawzall? Let's put Eddie's motor together then stretch the be-jeezus outta that swing arm.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BigDdy31 said:
Do I need to bring the sawzall? Let's put Eddie's motor together then stretch the be-jeezus outta that swing arm.
Jackass, I have a sawzall. They whole idea was to be simple and quick, we have so much other shit we should be working on right now. We just thought if there was some jap bike shock out there that was small we'd grab em' but hatch got me hooked up with a guy that makes short springs. If we extend the swingarm then we have to extend other shit, and that becomes a project, this thing is ready to go down the road, if tina could only touch the ground. The bike looks like a fucking dirtbike, it's like 2 feet from the ground. But we're fixing that. We're going to strut it, then in a few weeks order the short ass shocks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts