Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody here have anything pre WWII???

I am re-obsessed with that era after spending sunday riding a bobber '37 chief
yes i used the word bobber
and
it is a real bobber, not what all the chopper industry morons think is a bobber...

oops, sorry!

i need to start building something from the early 30's.
indian, super x or HD...

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't even come close to having the jack to own anything cool and pre-war but I would KILL for a Brough-Superior. They are some wicked mechanical art if nothing else.

Build an Indian. I just don't see any of them around anymore that aren't restored showpieces. It would be cool to see one tricked out in style.

There were some cool wartime and pre-war HDs coming out of Egypt a while back. Apparently someone discovered a big cache in a warehouse or something and they were putting them together from parts. There was even a shop over there that was doing them for the western market but the color choices were really weird for that era of bike. I saw one that was the very picture of military dress but it was some screwy bright ass yellow. And with a sidehack no less. Sorry, not that this has anything to do with your question, it just brought some wartime HD weirdness to mind.

·
Registered
114 Posts
TONY THATS SACRALIDGE TALK !! !!! sorry to be a downer. I dont belive in ever destroying a perfict piece of history. if its that sweet it should stay that way. bob incompleat american art, dont destroy a finished piece. ya ya ya Im a fuddy duddy.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Tony Bones said:
I'm trying to convince myslef I don't need this. After I'm done trying to convince myself of that, I'll try to convince myself I wouldn't bob it.

Look at that girder. Damn!
btw...Way to kick some ass Tony! Anyway, ya know what DKW means, right? Das Kleinwonder.. the small wonder

Also...Chopper Dave...if you need a guru on pre-war bikes and a genius locator, I got a guy in the club that rules (& probably has the stuff too!). email me/PM/ whatever...
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.