Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, i'm finally getting going on my triumph project after a whole lotta false starts and thought i'd post some pics. figured i'd do a bit more of a background on it too while i'm at it.
27 years old, been into motorcycles for most of that. my old man used to talk about his triumph he had when he was a kid and i ended up falling in love with triumphs too. when a killer chopped triumph came up for sale locally, i jumped all over it. this must've been about 5 years ago or so. here's what it looked like when i sold it.

i loved that thing but got it in my head that me and some friends were going to build a hot rod and i sold the bike on the hamb to eyeball. not much ever happened with the hot rod and i thought "fuck, why the hell did sell that bike?" and started looking around for another triumph, but something that needed to be gone through so i could get my hands in it some more and learn something.

trent (rockymtnpits) contacted me on the hamb and we worked out a deal on a 69 triumph tr6r that needed some work. me and some friends loaded up his beat to shit 4 runner and we headed for montana not really knowing if his piece of shit would get us there. trent was an awesome host, showing us all his projects, all of his pit bulls, and sent us home with some deer sausage too. oh yeah, and the triumph.

on the way back we almost didn't get back into canada. customs asked for me and took me to a back room. i made sure i talked to transport canada before we did the trip to make sure this wouldn't happen, so i had no idea what was coming. turned out there was a 'warrant for my arrest' for a bullshit drinking in public ticket i got years ago in calgary. long story short on that one, we were drinking at a bar in calgary, stepped out of patio bounds for two seconds, and got this ticket. showed it to my drunk buddy, he ate it, and i never thought of it again. when the customs people heard the story they let us through, and i put the triumph away to work on it.

now up until this time i was a bicycle messenger and was getting really sick of it. i somehow got it into my head that i wanted to be a firefighter. all of my messenger wages went to getting the certifications i needed to apply for the job, my spare time went to the gym, and the bike project went on hold for years.
well, i made it in, and now i'm a working firefighter with a lot more time off than i'm used to, a job i fucking love, and a better salary than your average bicycle messenger.
i moved my triumph into the kitchen of my apartment so that i'm always tripping over it and getting some work done on it.
i've been collecting parts here and there over the years when funds would allow, and had almost enough to get a bit of a mockuo pic going. not a lot to look at, but it'll start coming together real soon.
i've already picked up a lot of info here and can't wait to get this fucking bike together. it's going to be sweet- watch this space.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey man I think we've talked before.... Don't you live near me or something?

Anyway the bike is looking good, keep the pics coming. I'm hoping to have my bike ready for a final teardown in a week or so.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, i'm pretty excited about it. this weekend the front end is being re-assembled.
wjjeeper, we've talked on this site before, i live in the university area.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Damn reach for a wrench or reach for a chicken leg!! That kicks ass! Your bike looks sweet as well..

hightest said:
thanks guys, i'm pretty excited about it. this weekend the front end is being re-assembled.
wjjeeper, we've talked on this site before, i live in the university area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts