Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im attempting to put my transmission together. Ive got an early ratchet lid on it with a stock (FL) shift pattern. With that shift pattern i think (for hand shifting anyway) the pattern would be 1 knock it back and 3 forward. Now i know on a foot shift you can just flip the piece that attaches to the shifter bracket to change the reverse the shift pattern. Is there a way to reverse the pattern hand shifting? It doesnt make much difference ide just rather slap the shifter back then forward, its just awkward in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Weyland said:
If he doesn't, can I have dibs on that trade?
Had one, but looks like I lost it in Hurricane Wilma.

Best,

Weyland
Weyland,
Yea, you've got second shot. I'll let you know one way or the other.

I've ridden bikes with jockey shifts and slappers, but I gotta go with an old style ratchet top (shift arm down) and a mousetrap on my Pan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone provide a brief description of the different types of hand shift/foot clutch )such as ratchet lid? From what I can gather, one type follows the same type shift pattern as the stock foot shift, but it is done by hand (such as one back from neutral and then forward for each upshift with the shifter returning to the same position each time, but another style actually takes you through neutral with each shift. Any help so I can understand the different types of hand shift and their respective names will be greatly apprcieated. I have been riding for years, but never hand a hand shift, and I have never talked to anyone with hand shift. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts