Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sitting here half delirious on the tail end of some food poisoning and all I have had the strenght to do the last couple days is surf e-bay and keep up with the lives and bikes of the Jockey Journal junkies. Some things occur to me as a shoot down the Info-HiWay, and if I am too much of a junior member and I am out of line, just let me know.

1) Seems to me, a lot of people are trying to be something they are not, they are trying to be something they see on TV or hear about in the news. All the shops coming out nowadays are "Crime Scene Choppers," "American Badass Choppers" and a host of other incipidly named entities that will not even be here in six months. Everyone wants to be a "Kingpin," a "Shot Caller," a pimp daddy or other such non-sense. If you have even been to jail, you know it is better on the outside, if you step outside of the law to make your living, whether it be insurance scams or dope-dealing, you are a scum-bag. You need to be shot. Why do people want to emulate the dispicable people in our lives? I am not talking about wearing greasy clothes and riding motorcycles, I do that as does anyone who wrenches on bikes. No-one should be persecuted or prosecuted for that. So just be who you are. If you have kids, they will thank you for not being a bad ass later when they are adults. If you choose to be a bad-ass and "do crimes" then your kids will suffer and they will make others suffer.. . a truely vicious circle.

2) Sometimes there comes a point when you have to take care of business the old fashioned way. No woman understands it, some men don't understand it. Sometimes violence, served up hot and fast serves it purpose. Like the old line in that song, and long before it in one of the greatest movies ever made "Some men you just can't reach." So you gotta waste them, to what ever degree necessary. Beat them down or take them out. But you gotta be righteous in that pursuit. They must truely deserve your wrath or you are no better than they.

3) Build what you want. make it yours. when it comes to life by your hand, and you hear that motor roar it will send a chill up your spine and make you a holy man. Who gives a shit what I think or someone else thinks. Build it your way and get it one the road. Don't hesitate to ask questions and steal or use others ideas, "there is nothing new under the sun" as they say. but get it out there.

So to close, Build what you want, and always be who you are.

·
Registered
15 Posts
fouraceswes said:
nowadays are "Crime Scene Choppers," "American Badass Choppers" and a host of other incipidly named entities that will not even be here in six months. Everyone wants to be a "Kingpin," a "Shot Caller," a pimp daddy or other such non-sense.

2) Sometimes there comes a point when you have to take care of business the old fashioned way.

3) Build what you want. make it yours.
fouraceswes said:
IMO,
1. for the most part, people are making shops with names like these because they didnt grow up where there was a lot of crime. Buisness men buy their bikes partially because theres just some aura around being a criminal. Lets face it, playing cops and robbers as a kid wouldnt have happened if nobody wanted to be the robber.

2. I agree, in the case of murder with enough evidence (DNA, and a witness or three.) they shouldnt wait 8 years living on death row taking tax money. Front of the line, 3 days on death row.

3. Most, if not all, of the people go to this board because they can associate with knowledgeable people about building bikes. They do it themselves, and god damnit they do it well.

Thats where I think all of this is coming from, I dont see the need to be a badass, or even a criminal, its no fun even doing it. But its one of those things that will be with society as long as we glorify some criminals, and long after that too.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
See! Even food poisoning can do good things for us... in between running/crawling to the toilet! :) Wise words Wes! Question for you though... I built pretty much everything on my bike except for the motor... which of course you so skillfully master-minded for me... when the bike comes to life in the very near future is it by your hand or mine?? ;) Just adding pain to the worst feeling ever... food poisoning! Feel better man... but not before more great realizations!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.