Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving back home after a trip to Ind. with my friend to score some parts for my '46 FL, crossed the top of a steep hill, blind/sharp curve about 1.5 mi from my house on US 129. Here is this kid sliding and cartwheeling up the road! I locked up and slid through the blind curve on the wrong side,missed him and caught the Kaw's rear with my pass. side rear. Looked in this boy's face when he saw the Silverado, and his eyes were as big as saucers. Helmet, of course, went flying, I really thought I had run over This guy's head. Kid jumps up OK, wants me to help him flip the bike into the weeds, "before the law gets here", hopped on the back of his buddy's bike, " thanks, brother", All over in probably 5 min. Life on the "Dragon", lots of wrecks, surprising # bike to bike , Lots of cops, another fine thing fucked up!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Man, that'll wake you up. Didn't a biker get killed by a 18 wheeler 2 weeks ago? That is a dangerous road. 'Speacialy when people treat it like a race track.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, trucks fault, tractor on one side shoulder, truck on other. I've seen your Limey stuff, speedfiend, nice work. Do you know my friend David Justice?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yeah, jst saw David at the Antique Ride yesterday. Talk about logging some miles on vintage iron, somebody should do a story about his trip to the Great Alaskan Highway from NC on his 45".

·
Registered
456 Posts
Maybe the bike was stolen, Most bike owners I know are more concerned about their bike than themselves immediately after a wreck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The guy that does the metal polishing at the shop was friends with the gentleman that was killed by the 18 wheeler. He overheard me talking about wanting to ride it and advised me against it. There is a movement to get a law passed that no big trucks and no commercial vehicles will be allowed on the dragon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts