Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched the threads,etc and found a few but nobody seems to know a part number for a capacitor from radio shack for a triumph.
anyone have the part number?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
770 Posts
Are you sure you mean capacitor? If so, I can't help with a part# but you want like 4500uF, 30 volt- thats what the old traditional Mallory type is.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anything would help.
i have a brand new Mity Max out of the packaging,but that doesnt mean the built in stuff is strong enough. i was told to run another capacitor in-line with my hot wire to give my electrics that extra ummff.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
that Mity-max should have more than enough capacitence to work on the bike, The capacitor does not give you anything extra it just stores a little power to be used as a filter between pulses, the problem is you likely have a weak rotor that is not putting out enough power.
Most Triumphs with a strong alternator will run even without any capacitor.

·
Registered
171 Posts
And in addition, it will blow the Zener and leave you on the freeway time and time again . Every time you forget to turn on the headlight before bringing the revs up ;-))

·
Registered
770 Posts
With the Mity Max, you don't have the Zener any more, correct? With my more limited experience, I agree with Tony- if that Mity Max is good it should do the job. They were a good piece. I never heard of adding an additional capacitor, that would get over my head quick.

Rotor magnets are the most important element in the whole deal, for sure.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok.
thanks fellers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts