Jockey Journal Forum banner

R.I.P. Gary Smaltz

3K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  oldsmokey 
#1 ·
On May 19 while riding close to his home just outside Yosemite. Gary Smaltz and his wife, Lyndia were hit and killed by a drunk driver.

He is survived by a son Gary Lee and daughter. Roxanne, also their stepmother. Lyndia and Gary are survived by their 9 year old daughter Cherokee. Gary was an active California Motorcycle Safety Instructor, motorcycle racer, and avid Indian motorcycle rider. He attended Dixon and other California meets and Road Runs. Rememberances, cards, letters, etc. can be sent to P.O. Box 183, Ahwahnee CA. 93601. A ride from Fresno and Visilia to Yosemite Lake is scheduled for June the 2nd. Information will be posted on the M.A.D.D. site and the Cycletown site

I just rode with him on the L.A. road run a couple weeks ago. I told him I'd see him at Dixon. Life can be cruel. Please be careful out there. May is Motorcycle Awareness Month. How ironic.

Rich Ostrander

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.