Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a question that i believe someone here (or people) can answer.
i have a knucklehead rear inline springer leg that has been extended 8+ over stock length with ford radius rods.
what we are trying to do is NOT cut off the ford radius rods,but to actually SHORTEN the radius rods to stock length from the bottom. they did a damn good job on the top and even left the skirts on them as well.
my question is,how would we go about shortening them from the bottom? basically, its the "taper" of the legs we are having trouble figuring out when shortening them.
is there any step-by-step procedure that anyone knows of to do this the right way?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

i checked the threads but really didnt find an answer on this particular question (s).

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
The guy that did mine measured and cut the bottom then made a solid plug that doubled for the rocker bolt mount hole. It looks a little thicker to the trained eye so I'm going to powder my rear legs black since, according to the old lady, is a slimming color. Personally like the thicker cuz i havent seen it and its unique.

As far as changing the taper, might as well cut from the top and re-do the skirts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts