Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got this enfield bullet 350 chassie, it has a bullet 500 motor, it does not have the casquette front clamp, more of a conventional fork set up and the front drum wheel has brakes on both sides. What Modle am i dealing with here? i was kinda under the impression it is a 350 works trials replica . this sound right or does any one know where to point me to get this sorted so i can get some new front fork tubes?

·
Registered
357 Posts
That could be several Enfields pieced together. The front brake you are describing came standard on the Super Meteors/Constellations/Interceptors.
Do the forks have standard screw-on caps or do they screw into the top tree with a small hex plug on top?

I have a Indian/Enfield model chart I could dig up for ya.

EDIT:
Couldn't find the model chart, but check out Re-Indian.com
It hosts a ton of pictures that you can reference to match up your engine/frame to.

Found this on a google search, but the re-indian web site has more info/pictures.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bike has the screw on caps. odd for any enfield i have seen .....and the fork tubes have castings on em for the brake cables mounts. it is an odd but rare front end for me. i have a set of reproduction fork tubes for some other model here with the right screw on cap ends(internal threads) but the bottoms are different.

·
Registered
833 Posts
ounds like an Indian. The 1955-1959 RE Indians (with exception of the 500 Tomahawk twin) did not have the casquette nacelle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and the brakes.......they have two drums(one on either side)? be nice to know what model this was from ......there is a tightner on the top to act like a dampner too.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
It's been a Long time since I had my 55 chief, Cant remember what the breaks were like, but if the anchors mount up like they belong then its stock, the Indian Enfeilds were slightly different with the accessories.

Nice any way, the steering dampner is stock...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts