Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 of the most near perfect 50FL cylinder heads I have ever seen, not one broken fin on either one and were boxed for a very long time. I did not purchase these as a set so from different sellers. One of the heads has been re seated with shovel head valves and the other appears to have the stock valves and in great shape. My question is can these valves work together? I was told that this wasn't ever done for performance issue but simply due to wear issues over the years. So is it possible to run one stock 50fl head and one that has had shovel valves installed? Thanks for any info

·
Registered
113 Posts
heres my .02. i agree with everything thats been said thus far,you could run em as is, the pan & shovel exhaust valves are the same 1.75" head diam. so thats not a problem. pan intakes are the same 1.75". shovel intakes are 1.94". you could have the other intake seat opened up for another shovel intake,if the seat has enough meat. i would asses both heads, valves, guides,seats. if it looks like you have to start replacing one or another, it might be worth changing it all, with new seats. hope this helps. good luck on your project. jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.