Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... I'm gonna post this, and ask this at as many places as possible, because I have to find a solution..

A little while ago, I scored these beautiful XR750 forks.. Today I got my hands on a mint Suzuki GT750 drumbrake... Screaming deal!
I thought I would have the perfect setup now.. Coming home, I was bummed out a little.

I wanted to fit the brake in my forks, but found out it was too wide... I have seen these brakes fitted in Cerianis and the axle IS for a Ceriani too.
My forklegs are 7 inches apart (measured from centerline to centerline of forkleg)...

My question, what are the widest Ceriani triple trees for 35mm forks..?
Or maybe any other triple trees that look nice and vintage.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Maurice...my suggestion, go back tomorrow to "Vehikel" swapmeet and look for a narrower drum setup..they had a bunch of those gold (or clear) anodised racey-double linkage drums all over the place..you should be able to find one that will fit between your Ceriani legs..no doubt ! Well, at least that's what I would do before getting a whole other front end..because to me, the typical narrow look of your Ceriani is what gives it that vintage look..:rolleyes:
(here my buddy Roger, 23 years ago or so, this Ceriani was about your width and it had double discs..)

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Flyin' Dutchman said:
My question, what are the widest Ceriani triple trees for 35mm forks..?
Or maybe any other triple trees that look nice and vintage.
there are ceriani frontends that are wider than the xr's

(i have seen some xr's modified to run disc or large drums)

i like betor or even marzocchi

or you could have some trees made to fit to the drum (its KILLER)

xr's will always rule

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
How 'bout GT750 triple clamps? Certainly wide enough.

I used wide 35 mm Marzocchi triple clamps with XS650 forks, and a GT750 drum. Not all 35 mm Marzocchis are the same, though. Marzocchis can be had a lot cheaper than Cerianis (at least in this neck of the woods). They may have come stock on some '70s vintage Can-Am dirtbikes. Marzocchis can sometimes be found on '70s and '80s era European dirtbikes (KTM?), as well as similar era Ducatis/Cagivas.

I have a beautiful seat of Husqvarna triples on my Triumph that are more than wide enough for your purpose, but they're 40 mm. Kawasaki Ninja 1000 forks slide right in, but 40 mm is otherwise a pretty obscure size.

I've got a chart somewhere of fork sizes for most modern bikes. It's indispensable at times. Let me know if you can use it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info so far guys.. And, yes, I can use any other info you can get me.

Danny... I looked very closely at all the stuff.. All the drumbrakes you see laying around are way smaller than this one, and, to be honest, compared to the one I have here they are shitboxes.
There was this one guy who had a whole bunch of 'em... The repops. But his prices start at € 1000,-.. I got mine for 300, in mint condition. I'm not gonna get rid of this thing... The space I'm missing is maybe two to 3 centimeters (about an inch.. You'll probably hardly see it when everything is set up.
See, I can fix it with some other triple trees..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts