Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get a set of Z bars off of someone, but they are for pre-Evo. I heard there is an indent on Evos' handlebars for the controls. I don't want to take apart my handlebars to see.

How hard would it be to make them work?

Mine is a '99 Sporty 1200 XLC...

·
Registered
175 Posts
your right there is a dent in each side of newer bars for wiring.If you use the z bars you could run your wiring inside them,not an easy task but doable.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is only a 3" rise so I'm hoping it won't be too hard. Is there a precise location or is there some fudge factor for the dent/hole.

I am imagining a hole with a "D" shaped dent with the fat part of the D facing the end of the handlebar. Right? Totally off base? School me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The late bars have an oblong dimple that is a couple inches long, and about 5/16" deep/wide on each end of the bars. This gives clearance for the wire harnass to exit from the controls.

You can drill the bars under the controls, and run your wires up and into the bar to route them, but the angle is about 90 degrees for the harnass to do this, and Z bars aren't the easiest to route wires down. Then, you'll need exit slots between your risers in the bars, and you've got those big-ass plugs to remove before you can route the wires thru the bars.

More better would be these:

http://www.paughco.com/2003_catalog/page33.htm

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shit, 'cuz I promised I'd buy them. I wonder if anyone ever built a project around a set of handlebars....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fatass said:
Hell, I might take 'em off your hands...at least you'd break even, or you could lie and jack the price up 20% on me. Bastard.
I'd never do that to you that you know of... :D

Are those hemorroids or pimples?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts