Jockey Journal Forum banner

Pulse Jet Bike in Motion

5641 Views 23 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Dr. Benway
I soo want to build one of these. Any of you guys ever build a pulse jet engine before? Even on a small scale?

Here's a video of its test run. Looks fun.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
why does it stand harley davidson on the tank?
why does it stand harley davidson on the tank?
I am not sure really. He has other videos of it before it had the name on it. Looked better in just plain red. Maybe he used frame components or something. I don't really see many similarities but im not a HD guy so maybe i am missing it.
Let's see, he rides it one way and pushes it back. Kind of like my Bonnie when I got it! Maybe it should say Triumph??:)
Maybe it should say Triumph??:)
No Oil leaks under the bike. No one would believe its a Triumph.
Do they run these at Bonneville ?
crazy, I want to see it run
I posted the link underneath the picture. \/

bet you could roast a mean marshmallow with that.should be in the ugly funny dumbass stupid section
He built a Board Track bike with the same type power plant. Something different. Not for everyone but .....

See less See more
Have only ever seen a pulse jet engine in a small scale.they were used on model airplanes.If I remember, they didn't have throtles so they ran wide open till out of fuel.Think they tend to run hot too.
The V1 buzz bomb used by the nazis in WW2 was a pulse jet.
Have only ever seen a pulse jet engine in a small scale.they were used on model airplanes.If I remember, they didn't have throtles so they ran wide open till out of fuel
Thats about right. Some have two fuel pumps and you can use one to slow acceleration. Most ive seen on small scale are on/off. Sounds perfect for board track. LOL
Just looked at pulse- jets.com, cannt get the link but the pipe on the engine is cherry red.... Check it out.
not even running a front brake on that thing. thats gangster
A V1 on wheels ???

Would ride this bastard with one of these...

Attachments

See less See more
heres pics of "opel 500" record bike (think its pulse jets on this one to)
think if i read it right this bike was the first bike with press formed metall.

its from 1928

heres the story link:
http://strangevehicles.greyfalcon.us/OPEL%20RAKETEN%20MOTORRAD.htm

See less See more
Google Lockwood instead.
I built a Lockwood valveless a while back. 55 lbs static thrust, ran on liquid propane, and louder than fuck. People call cops, cops come ask questions, cops walk away scratching their heads.

The entire thing runs red/yellow hot, so I'm not sure of it's practicality on a bike...
See less See more
They seem pretty similar in design but im not sure how practical it is on a bike either unless its short board track races.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.