Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, most of you probably know me from the HAMB, so I'll just show my bikes again. I've been riding for at least 20 years (off & on) & my first real street bike was a 60s-style '69 Iron Head Sporty chop with a 8" over front end & big king/queen seat & custom airbrush artwork on the tins. It was a true old time Harley - it leaked, it vibrated, it was hard to start (XLCH magneto), you worked on it about 3:1, & you had to tighten everything up after a ride. It was a blast, but I sold it while I was in college to pay some bills & didn't get another bike for 4years. That's when I bought my FXR from City of Miami - ex police bike. Runs strong & w/63K on it, still going great.

I've got a '39 Harley WL - it's down right now (need a tube), but want to get it back up & riding soon. Just gotta get off my lazy ass & get a tube!! Then get it through the MOT & I'm free again! Here it is:

Plans are to bob it after the inspection. It currently runs a belt drive (!) & a chain conversion is ready to go (better gearing). I've got most of the stuff ready to go for the bobber conversion, but it'll wait until later in the year.

Also got an '88 FXR - this is kinda how it looks now. The pic was taken 10 years ago after I painted it in one day! Big plans for this, but it's for later - runs too good to take it down right now.

Finally, my real long term project is a '66 Norton N15CS basket case. It's far from original so I don't want to hear any purists yelling at me! It'd be too much time, money, & effort to restore. I've got a Triumph hardtail to adapt to it & it's going short-forked bobber style eventually.

I also have a basket Harley WL that has a 3-bolt frame & RL (I-beam) springer front end - this is back in the states & will also be done up bobber style. (see a trend?)

Sorry for the size of the pics...they're what's sitting on my server. ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Whats this purist thing your talking about? I really like your wl. That norton looks like a great starting point for any sort of project(bobber/cafe whatever) welcome aboard. Gregg

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
greggski said:
Whats this purist thing your talking about? I really like your wl. That norton looks like a great starting point for any sort of project(bobber/cafe whatever) welcome aboard. Gregg
Got a fair bit of slagging off on the HAMB when I mentioned hard tailing it!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.