Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Nimrod said:
On a motorcycle? I don't get why, are you tieing the front and rear brakes together? I've never heard of such a thing, but maybe I can be educated.
BMW - linked braking system, very common.

As well, look on Ebay for a linking valve for a BMW. They're not as bulky as some others you might find.

·
Registered
376 Posts
so are you gonna keep the hand brake lever or the foot lever?

is the one existing master cylinder big enough to run both brakes?

i guess i'm just lazy but i do about 95% of my braking with the hand (front) brake.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Foot lever....no hand lever. Rear master should be big enough to push the ity bitty caliper I'm using with the perimeter brake setup and the GMA single piston job in the rear.

atch said:
so are you gonna keep the hand brake lever or the foot lever?

is the one existing master cylinder big enough to run both brakes?

i guess i'm just lazy but i do about 95% of my braking with the hand (front) brake.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's been done a bunch. I got the valve I need...it regulates the amount of pressure from front to rear thus eliminating the need for anything on the brake side of the bars. I was looking for recommendations on manufactuers of the valves to see which was best, not really whether it worked or not. I have had friends that have run different valves from different companies and of course the one they run is always the best....so I was looking elsewhere for info.

Thanks.... I got the one I need now.

richard cranium said:
One thing to note is that BMW's system incorporates ABS.

Anyone actually done this to thier chopper and want to tell us how well it works? Cleaner bars are better bars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.