Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a shovel I'm building for a friend, the tank was his idea, I'm mearly working with what he gave me, although it does grow on ya and I do dig it. It will be gloss black when done. The radiator cap is from an old ford. I had a guy machine out a bung for it. The brass petcock is a Hank Young piece. The tank is an old Ducati. Going with different trees too....a spool front rim with a perimeter brake and lots of other things...not real close to being done but it should be pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That little steel tab is going to be used to secure a leather strap from the frame to the tank. Again.....when you're not building for yourself you have to compromise. It really sucks doing something to a bike that you don't want to do.

hatch said:
Cool bike...I just don't understand why people want to add items designed for the sole purpose of creating the smooth look in the groin area..

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still trying to figure it out. Not a fan of the cap, and there are quite a few things on there I dont love. His bike, I just try to steer him in the right direction best I can, when I can't ....... I just kinda cringe and do it.

Tony Bones said:
Why does he want that gas cap on his bike?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.