Jockey Journal Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
nice job.it would't hurt a thing if the spacer was natural.I think it would lend some balance to it where you have the natural at the base of the cylinders.But what stuck out to me was the chrome push rod tubes on the right side and no chrome on the left.maybe if you put the horn back on it it would balance it out,or get some black tubes and then it would even out,as far as it being a "dark" bike, i kind of like it.( I would call it murdered out but some of these old guys on here dont like the term.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
that looks fkin cool!!!

wish my first build was going that fast!! lol
how are you securing the rear fender at the bottom? i like it.. and the struts!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I welded a tongue with a piece of threaded tube onto the fender. Then welded a tab on the bottom of the Frame. That bolt holds the fender and the caliper stay rod. Knock out two birds with one stone.. Haha

Here she is from the back

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
fkin clever stuff on that bottom mount!
is it only on one side or both?

very good! might steal that idea for my build... just need to find a fkin fender that fits my 16" rear!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Just received my custom length wires (36") high temp silicon with the old vintage style knurled ends!! I will be running them from the coil (which is mounted on my rear down tube) to underneath my rear rocker box cover and around to the spark plugs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Ok I am having issues getting my clutch to disengadge. I already searched the net and found how to adjust it and I did. There is no primary fluid in the case. Also I had to replace my clutch cable. My original one was around 54". And the new one is around 58". If by chance the new cable didn't belong to a sportser would that affect things? Any suggestion would be appreciated!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
Well I just got finished with prob one of the hardest parts of this build. Making a ignition switch, 4 fuses, a headlight switch, and 3 LEDs fit in a headlight bezel that was 5.5"w X 3 3/4" deep!!! Kinda proud of myself... Hehe. I had to modify the back of the lense and change bulb from a h4 to a h7. Then I had to run the switch out as far as it could go. And the little chrome piece on the switch where the key goes just so happens to be a DNA wheel spacer! Lol. Fit perfect!!! Enjoy the pics.

This is the modified lense:

This is all the wiring and stuff crammed in this tiny space:

And here she is all put together in working order. Oh yea and I got my grips, throttle, and hand controls on.

My little tail light..hehe:

Now just waiting on my ledsled exhaust, intake, lisence plate braket that I ordered 4 WEEKS AGO!! Errrrrrrr

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
She is done!!! I have a few bugs to work out but she rides great! I'm going to have a photoshoot of the bike. I'll post pics when I get them. Thanks to all who tuned in and big thanks to ledsled!

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.