Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys new to the site. im a member over on xlforum and this is how i ran across this site. anyway i started this build back in january of this year. it started as a 95 sportster 1200 in perfect condition. ill be posting alot of pics to get yall updated.
i will be using just about everything led sled. i went with their 4" stretch hard tail kit

this is my original build thread
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=1345748

this is how she looked when i picked her up

the same night i got her home i started the tear down

by the next morning this is what she looked like

as i waited for the hardtail i torn apart the wiring harness. im keeping it as simple as possable. no blinkers etc.
trash pile

keep pile

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i went ahead and made a jig for the frame and decided to cut it up

my led sled points cover

my hard tail came in!! notice the brake light setup!! i will be running all the wiring internally

here she is all welded up

felt like christmas this day!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i decided to bolt some stuff up to see where all my money is going!! lol

was able to mount my led sled fender and get the struts welded up

recieved my front wheel. all gloss black with stainless nipples. 21x2.15

·
Registered
439 Posts
Nice job LedSled seems to becoming popular these days i really like the drop seat hardtail and will be doing one this winter I hope. Keep this pics coming just beware of the local cops after removing blinkers on that bike but i would and will do the same exact thing as well as all gauges

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just incase anyone was wondering. i used the led sled hardtail kit witch includes oil tank, rear fender, and battery tray. i then purchased their seat pan kit along with their struts.

i had to modify the rear caliper
before:

after

my dna front caliper

got my avon tire mounted!! soooo happy with the out come!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
recieved my dna springer! its -4 under stock. eventualy i will be upgrading to the ledsled springer but that wasnt in the budget.....but niether was alot of this bike..lol

i finally have a roller!!! i will be using a diffrent set of bars

this is pretty much everything mocked up including my ledsled kickstand!!
i know im a fanboy!

got my frame back from powder coating! i will be running everything internally and all my fuses and ignition will be located in my headlight

got the motor back in. it will be getting blacked out

my tins are painted!!!!

eveything is getting buttoned up

i ended up adding a orange panel to the rear fender.. also i couldnt resist on getting a feel for her. plus gives ya a face behind the screen name

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
got my rear tire wheel in today

not much to look at. but this is how she sits now. hopefully ill get most of the motor back together this eve. i wont have to rear rocker box on till i get my plug wires because im running them between the head and cover

today i recieved my powder coated covers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanksguys! im still waiting for parts in the mail like:

ledsled exhaust and torque cones
ledsled intake and velocity stack
ledsled license plate bracket
headlight
hand controls
custom lenght spark glug wires

i literaly bought/used everything ledsled sells except their springer (which i will one day) and grips. im a firm believer in using one comapany for some reason..lol but their products are top notch! and those guys are great and have answered any question i have ever had....this is my first build and hell my first harley for that matter

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.