Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the latest pics. the tank is mounted, seat is mounted, front end is done (cut down 2"), p-clamps & bars mounted. I also laced up my new stainless rim to the conical hub that i polished up like chrome & it looks killer! (its not the one in the pics) i was surprised how much easier a motorcycle wheel was to lace than a bicycle wheel. i did a ton of pedal bike wheels before but this was my 1st m/c wheel. anyhow, enjoy the pics. the next batch may be the last before the final ones.

·
Registered
840 Posts
That looks like one hell of a start, my buddy Jeff [ Blackchop66] used that same style hard tail section and had the whole fame jet hot coated and it looks killer.

·
Registered
770 Posts
were did you guys get that hard tail? I think it looks realy good with the axle plate welded to the rear hoop like that.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep, you got it. i bought it from that same guy on ebay. very nice workmanship and a PERFECT FIT! he makes them in all different dimensions. this one on my bike is a 4" stretch with a 2.5" drop. this with a 2 under fork gives the bike about 4" ground clearance. (i know its low, especially for south jersey roads but my 65 chrysler is just as low & its been my daily driver for 6 years - i have every bump, pothole & rut in this area memorized.)

im real stoked about how things are going. i just scored a nice headlight/tail light setup this week but i wont give up the details until they're mounted. the motor is a 67-69 frankenstein single carb with hot cams, 40 over, milled head, etc. this bike will be quite a sleeper once the motor is in.

·
Registered
326 Posts
That is the same rear bolt on I bought from that same guy on e-bay it was nice and fit great .Mine was the 4 /2.5 also.

·
Registered
200 Posts
joe,

looks like you're rolling right along.

i just found a CHEAP blaster / powder coater in north philly... they have my fenders right now. maybe you'd like the number so you can get some of your stuff done?

ed

ps- isn't it funny how there are like only 4 different styles of houses in oaklyn? i can see one that looks identical to mine in the first picture.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hell yeah ed, send me that number. do they do the 'silver' powdercoating. i know a dude who had his aluminum VW rims done & they looked like chrome when they were done. I'm thinking of getting my oil tank done like that. The frame will be gloss black & the tank & fender will be suede black with off white scallops, outlined in metallic gold.

ps - arent you the dude who told me not to powdercoat my frame? haha

yeah, the 'hood does have a lot of the repeat houses but im just glad its not a new style McSubdivision. i really like my area but im not too fond of the 2 neighbors on the opposite side of my street.

·
Banned
31 Posts
That is coming along great. The frame is really nice. I noticed that guy ONLY sells the hardtails and not the frame as well. Is you frame original? What engine(s) will it fit?

Talk to Big Bear Chopper's about powder coating. I was talking to him about 6 months ago and he is experimenting with all sorts or new pc techniques. He says there is actually a "chrome" pc. The use pc for everything on their bikes.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey thanks lagrasta. the frame is a 70 triumph TR6. i suppose you could fit anything you wanted in it if you tried hard enough but i went the easy route. i had the shitpile of a 650 triumph twin rebuilt by a pro & it should be quite the mean machine when its done. the whole bike is a frankenstein triumph with parts from a bonneville, a trophy & a tiger from 67-72.

i noticed your bike in your signature. my 1st bike was a 72 honda CL450 scrambler. blue with the orange & white stripes. i loved the shit out of that bike but i had to sell it a while back. someday ill buy another one just like it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
joe,

(215) 535 5517

i'm still willing to help you paint the frame in my garage if the powder coater doesn't work out.

ed

sojerscraper said:
hell yeah ed, send me that number. do they do the 'silver' powdercoating. i know a dude who had his aluminum VW rims done & they looked like chrome when they were done. I'm thinking of getting my oil tank done like that. The frame will be gloss black & the tank & fender will be suede black with off white scallops, outlined in metallic gold.

ps - arent you the dude who told me not to powdercoat my frame? haha

yeah, the 'hood does have a lot of the repeat houses but im just glad its not a new style McSubdivision. i really like my area but im not too fond of the 2 neighbors on the opposite side of my street.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Yeah, I have to admit, the 360 is one hell of a bike. It is really zippy, really dependable and fun as hell to ride. I wish it was the 450 like yours though. 360 on the freeway keeps you at about 70-75. It'll do 90, but it's redlining.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts