Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyne gives a shit about my little bike but I'm making progress.....

The damn thing fell over the other day and the drag bar I had on there creased the tank pretty good. After I took the picture I got most of the paint off the tank. I'm thinking about changing the tank quite a bit, anyway. The straight pipe is all tacked together and fits pretty well (it's loose in the picture). The rear fender is not as flat as it appears in the pics either.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bike is a 68' HD Sprint 250cc. They were made in Italy for Harley by Aermacchi. It's a four-stroke. The earlier models had a more "knuckel" looking head and then they went to this style for 3? years, I think. They had some problems so they went back to the older style head for the last few years. It looks like a two stroke but it's a pushrod motor.

The bars are the BSA M-bend. That is the European market "standard" bar for the 650 Beesers. It's pretty narrow, which is good for the small bike. They are 7/8". A buddy of mine ordered them from whereever he gets parts for his Britbike stuff. I can find out if you are interested. They were $43.00.
I also have a pic from the front that shows the bar better if anyone cares.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Surly said:
I don't know if anyne gives a shit about my little bike but I'm making progress.....

The damn thing fell over the other day and the drag bar I had on there creased the tank pretty good. After I took the picture I got most of the paint off the tank. I'm thinking about changing the tank quite a bit, anyway. The straight pipe is all tacked together and fits pretty well (it's loose in the picture). The rear fender is not as flat as it appears in the pics either.
Is that Herby in the back ground..LOL...couldn't resist...thas one bad moter scooter...

·
Registered
294 Posts
DAmn I just chopped same tank. Took 2" outta the centre. Should be real nice when done! Hidden compartment is kool but a huge waste of fuel space.
Was wondering how that rear clip worked!
Interesting build:) Hammering out my dent was easy!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, thanks guys.
Jason, I'm glad you like the seat
Bill, The 68 was the last year for the 250. The 69's and later were 350's
As for the tank, I've got a couple of ideas. I thought about narrowing it like RippoDippo did or adding a second filler. Maybe make a dash for it like a big twin but a smaller version. Not sure yet. By the way the secret compartment in the tank was for the stock air cleaner. The carb bellmouth turned up into it. On the roadrace bikes the tank had a tunnel in it and the air actually came in through the side of the tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts