Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to make a single post and just keep throwing all my updates in here.

The start

The mockup

The Hardtail

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And current girder mock up

It's slowly coming along... A lot faster now that I've taken a couple welding classes.

Primo

·
Registered
14 Posts
very cool project! keep up the progress!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love that frame. Can you tell me more on how you did it. Did you buy a hardtail section or did you mock it up yourself..... Very nice :cool:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2xcrash said:
I love that frame. Can you tell me more on how you did it. Did you buy a hardtail section or did you mock it up yourself..... Very nice :cool:
Built it myself, you can see the front half of my frame jig in a couple of the pictures. It just holds the bike where I wanted it and then I made another jig that held the rear axle at the right place for a 18 inch wheel. Used this guys mesurement for the stretch of 52 inches (http://www.cyclepsycho.com/yamachopper/frame.html) then using my jig just set some tube on it and welded it all together for the bottom kick up I just got an angle I liked and threw them in.

Thanks,
Primo

·
Registered
421 Posts
Primo said:
Built it myself, you can see the front half of my frame jig in a couple of the pictures.

Used this guys mesurement for the stretch of 52 inches (http://www.cyclepsycho.com/yamachopper/frame.html)
First of all congrats on doing all that yourself. It's gonna be very nice when people 'ooooh and aaaaah' over it to say you built it all yourself.

And thanks for the link. I have not been a frame builder up to now but I plan on trying my hand sometime in the future and I'm trying to build a serious database of info on it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Small Update today, got the girder almost finished, justneed to make a top shock mount and its done. You can see my second project in the background.

Primo

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Killer. I especially like the girder.
Bid on a few on Ebay, always lost. Didn't occur to me to just make one.
Keep the updates comin.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Your bikes lookin Primo!! :) Thanks for the thread man! You should do a tech thread on how you built your girder. That would be cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts