Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Primo's ongoing ironhead evolution

Picked up a 70 Ironhead to do a mild custom for the wife to ride to Born Free on.

Nothing too outlandish going to happen to it this year, just some paint, polishing and stripping of unessential parts. Next winter we'll look at taking it down to bare frame and building a full custom.

--Primo

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
YEA! for Primo! tht photo is very interesting.. It almost looks like a drawing?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yay primo!

I feel your pain, I only have one on-topic bike, I sold my other one for doctor bills. And my on-topic bike (73 ironhead) is in one thousand pieces for a frame-off... and there's no way I'm showing my handiwork on here for these fabrication geniuses to look at. =P

hope you enjoy the iron. I love the ironheads. =D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Been a while, only rode this bike a few times since the first post.

Summer 2012 she looked like this:

Summer 2013 never saw the road because I couldn't get things to look right:

Summer 2014 is going a different direction. 4" up in the downtubes, raked lil to 40deg and a reworked backbone:

Did a quick mock up with parts laying around, not digging the seat and can't figure out how to make the front end flow:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Right now 3.5" inches, need to make a spacer for the bottom of the girder which hopefully gets me to ~4". If I can't hit that I'm on the prowl for a longer front end. Inflating the front tire will probably help too :D

Unfortunately the Ironhead takes a back seat to this:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.