Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bring another oil thread. I have tried searching for the proper primary oil to run in my shovel and I keep going in a circle with search results running from redline to atf. I have an '81 shovelhead with 93" big bore kit with a sealed primary and a barnett scorpion wet clutch. What should I use?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Barnett always recommended that we run B&M Trick-Shift in the transmissions and sealed primaries. Always had good results and customers were quick to comment that there bikes shifted smoother. This includes big-inch drag bikes and fairly stock street machines. I just recently built a stock '76 XLCH and the Trick-Shift took the drag out of the shitty wet-clutch deal while allowing it to still hook up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Barnett always recommended that we run B&M Trick-Shift in the transmissions and sealed primaries. Always had good results and customers were quick to comment that there bikes shifted smoother. This includes big-inch drag bikes and fairly stock street machines. I just recently built a stock '76 XLCH and the Trick-Shift took the drag out of the shitty wet-clutch deal while allowing it to still hook up.
Hey thanks for the answers guys. Yeah I talked to Barnett today and they said that B&M TrickShift(Non-synthetic) was the stuff to put in. They said around a pint would work good with a sealed primary in the shovelhead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts