Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a basket case about 20 years ago had help getting it assembled and now the first rides around the neighborhood are problematic. The rockers aren’t draining oil. What could be causing this? I haven’t pulled the covers to see what the problem is. Curious if it sounds like a typical error in assembly

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Remove your oil drain pipes if you have you don’t say what year

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Maybe its the pushrod cover tubes not draining down them there there are quite a few variations with slots and holes and different heights
Rectangle Font Parallel Drawing Diagram

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Mix and match motor later top end who knows shirtless guy looks like he’s ready to smash it 😉

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
how would you know if too much oil?
Its pumping out all over the place?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really like the pushrod tube overview thank you for posting. The bike was shutting down after running for a mile, but starting back up. Oil was returning to the tank. After sitting for a while the cylinders filled with oil. Perhaps the oil line that feeds the rockers isn’t restricted.
I’ll take a video of the problem over the weekend

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
If the oil line is not restricted you will have no oil as I found out by seizing an ex valve
Font Material property Poster Paper Advertising

Drinkware Tableware Fluid Font Cylinder

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
That’s a good point (or you overfill it)
Let’s wait for the video 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was tinkering with the bike during the fall realized it has a serious oil problem then put it into the garage. It still has oil in the head fins from months ago. Are the oil lines correct on the tank? I would have cleaned it up and pulled the rockers but this weekend I had to hang a fence.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts