Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i am new to this so please understand my confusion.
I am building the front end on my thunderbird with a 7" pre unit brake and 19" rim, when i took it to the wheel builder he asked me what the offset needs to be, obviously being new to this, my thought was surely it has to be central on the front, but he said no, can anyone give me a guide or any info?

thanks

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
1" in from the left side (opposite the brake drum) ought to put you in the ballpark. I assume you must have taken the wheel apart before visiting your builder...I know I'm stating the obvious, but if you ever do this again, make sure you measure the offset first and take plenty of photos as spoke patterns can vary widely from model to model.

'T' Bird is a nice bike...Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
If you can, take your fork assemblies with trees (or yokes, whatever you call them in Australia) and all the axle and brake components to your wheel builder. Once he gets the wheel loose laced, he can set the offset and true it in the forks. Unlike the Harley service manuals, which actually illustrate how and where to measure the offsets (as well as how to lace the wheel) my '45 to '55 genuine Triumph workshop manual has no such information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.