Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I hope they pick route #4! It'll end right by my house!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Motorcycle Cannonball Ride 2010

Are people here aware of the plans for the Motorcycle Cannonball run next September?

Coast to coast on pre-1916 motorcycles?

Web site is www.motorcyclecannonball.com.

I am planning on riding it on a 1915 Harley if I can get it finished and ready in time. I'll follow the progress in American Iron Magazine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: Motorcycle Cannonball Ride 2010

I'd like to see some video footage of the run afterwards, looks like a great time.

·
Registered
345 Posts
VIDEO 1915 Harley Running

Here is some video I shot yesterday of Dave Fusiak getting my 1915 Harley up and running after a total overhaul and rebuild. We had the engine all the way down with new flywheels on up.

We had some problems earlier in the day with the magneto but swapped it out and she fired on the first try. It took Dave making a few adjustments in the carb to get it better. Still needs work on the clutch and rear brakes but it will happen.

I plan on riding this 3300 miles coast to coast in 2 months on the Motrocycle Cannonball run.

Sorry about the video quality but hope you enjoy it all the same.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Re: VIDEO 1915 Harley Running

Congratulations!

I'll be in Kitty Hawk at the monument for the send off and hopefully I'll get to see it on the road and hear it pulling out. I'm really looking forward to seeing all these vintage bikes in one spot and on the road. Something like this may never happen again.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
345 Posts

Congratulations!

I'll be in Kitty Hawk at the monument for the send off and hopefully I'll get to see it on the road and hear it pulling out. I'm really looking forward to seeing all these vintage bikes in one spot and on the road. Something like this may never happen again.

Thanks for posting.
Unless I look too intense (which might or might not be the case) come by and say hello. It's going to be something pretty amazing.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Congrats!!

That's pretty damn awesome. Best of luck to you on the Cannonball! Sounds like it should be one heck of a great time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
A vid of my 1911 Indian that I will be riding on the pre 1916 cannonball and a vid of the bike climbing a hill at 65 mph on a shake down ride

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
lol, damn.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The mic on he cam cant take it. I think the stupid thing self adj so it freeks out wn the sound level drops. Sucks because the bike sounds cool.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Rode My 1915 Harley Yesterday

After a lot of work and overcoming problems we got my 1915 Harley running and on the road yesterday - Finally! I rode it a few miles and back to the shop to check the oiling system.

Then I rode my 1915 Harley with Dave Fusiak on his 1917 Harley. We rode about 10 miles out and then back. We had to lessen the oil flow in my engine as it was pumping too much.

We then took it back out and put on about 25 more miles and got it up to about 65 mph with plenty more engine, but decided not to go faster on this fresh rebuilt engine.

I am planning on riding this 1915 Harley 3300+ miles coast to coast in September on the Motorcycle Cannonball run for pre-1916 motorcycles.

I am also planning on bringing this bike to the Hebron, CT AMCA meet this weekend to ride more break in miles on Friday and possibly Saturday.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
just can't get enough of them old bikes !!!!

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.