Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
HA! Great bunch of shots, Crow. McGoo with the pineapple! Classic. You got my bunched up back rim in there too! Damn, that was a wild one... the pothole I nailed north of San Felipe was the size of a VW bug. Tweaked my front one too. But the spokes survived all the way home to Pedro.

Mike mentioned threading the needle with you through the border, that was some crazy shit — I was so bleary-eyed by then, can't believe I didn't take out a couple mirrors, or at least a vendor.

Good meeting you Crow, and all the rest of you, and I'm serious about painting tins... got some ideas cookin' already.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bendpress said:
Good meeting you Crow, and all the rest of you, and I'm serious about painting tins... got some ideas cookin' already.
Great meeting you too.. and no doubt we will hook something up for the tins. I have a couple builds in the works.

Keep in touch.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Glad you made it through Andy, despite the deflicted rims and spokes on thr Thruxton. Great to meet you.

If I was even half awake, I wouldn't of attempted that shit at the border. 'Weaving, officer? I don't even know how to sew.' That border cop was cool, though.

Lunch at Senor Tacos was a great topper to the ride out, Cro.

Can't wait to read the stories posted from others. Hey Bill, how's about a separate 'story' page on the ED blog?

MC
bendpress said:
HA! Great bunch of shots, Crow. McGoo with the pineapple! Classic. You got my bunched up back rim in there too! Damn, that was a wild one... the pothole I nailed north of San Felipe was the size of a VW bug. Tweaked my front one too. But the spokes survived all the way home to Pedro.

Mike mentioned threading the needle with you through the border, that was some crazy shit - I was so bleary-eyed by then, can't believe I didn't take out a couple mirrors, or at least a vendor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Flatironmike said:
That border cop was cool, though.

MC
I lucked out with a good one at the border too. A pretty woman. I did get a little spooked, though, when she made me take off my helmet. Turned out she'd been to my birthplace and we exchanged a couple pleasantries before I bolted with a sigh of relief.

Mike, I gotta ask, how the hell did you make the whole trip without socks! Holy shit, man, is it those NorEast winters that broke you in?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
bendpress said:
Mike, I gotta ask, how the hell did you make the whole trip without socks! Holy shit, man, is it those NorEast winters that broke you in?
I wore socks - cheerleader socks! Nor' East weather has certainly broke me in...

MC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts