Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently worked on my bosses 71 ultraglide it had a POSA carb on it,
it had been sitting for a couple of years cleaned the points fresh gas and it fired right up. guess I am easily impressed. so let me know your opinions on these carbs I know they have no bowl no choke ect. how rare or hard to find are they? are parts still availible? anyway I did use the search function all that came up was old for sale threads.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
highly inefficient carb that can be made to run "ok" with some patience.
some points to remember about them..
The idle fuel mixture is the adjusted by rotating the flat side of the needle.
The idle air mixture is the slide height from the stop screw.
The main jet and needle height is the hole running mixture.
Never leave the petcock on while not running.
never open the throttle up with the petcock on and the bike not running, fuel will come poring out of the main jet.

That's what I learned about them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I remember reading about them back in the 70's when street chopper mag did a 10 carb test feature

they were not rated that high at the time

·
Registered
315 Posts
A good old POSA Fuel Injection, I would take the piece of shit and throw it as far as you can , dont look back and find something better, just my opinion.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you've ever heard of a carburetor being described as a controlled fuel leak, they are the ultimate controlled leak. Well, barely controlled fuel leak anyway.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If you put a cv on it you will really be impressed. I also lik a super b for the money there getting easy to come by for cheap with cv popularity

1 - 8 of 8 Posts