Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Rask helped me out a while ago, pretty good. I have to chime in for Wes at 4 Aces, hooked me up on the cheap. Going to be my 1st choice from now on. British Only has everything for stock parts, but hard to find unless you have the original part # and price is questionable, British Cycle Supply is real knowledgeable if you call and tell them what you need.

My half-cent worth.
Erron

·
Registered
263 Posts
Like a couple people said before me, British cycle supply, rask and four aces are good. British only never shipped some stuff i ordered for some reason and i had to get a refund, ive heard similar stories. Ive also had good luck with BR cycles, real nice people, and british parts old and new in whiitier.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Avoid British Parts Chicago like the PLAGUE!!! Heard tons of horror stories and have had no luck with the also. I stopped in their shop once when I was in town and they could've cared less rather or not they had what I needed!

My vote is to stick with Wes at Four Aces. If he doesn't have it he'll get it. I've also used BCS, but I don't like calling them because they're in Canada and my cell service won't cover it so it costs me like $5 every time I call. I also like British-only for quick on-line orders, but you have to trust their system. Wes Scott at Wes Scott cycles had some good prices also.

Ultimately though.... www.fouracescycle.com!
zgears said:
avoid <NOBR>british parts chicago. how do think the other guys rank? </NOBR>

·
Registered
117 Posts
I deal mainly with Rask.Top notch parts and service.I have heard good things about Four Aces (not just here either).I will be ordering a green kicker pedal to match my GT grips soon.Brit Chicago------you heard right.Steer clear of them.British Only is pretty good....alot of these places want you to use original part #'s and is a pain in the ass when you are building a chop.I'd go with Rask or Four Aces.They also understand why you are cutting up a Brit bike.Some of the "other" guys don't get it,and you will be treated accordingly.Oh yeah,avoid the New Zealand and Canadian places.Not because of service or anything,it's just a pain.

Jimmy Diesel

·
Registered
117 Posts
Squirrel,

Huh,what was the deal at Rask?I've had nothing but good experiences with them.They are a little tough to deal with at first,but I have had every single problem rectified.I even had a Fed EX fuckup and they sent me my parts next day with no questions,but UPS this time.I've been dealing with them for about a year or more.

Jimmy Diesel

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wes would be my first choice. Used to buy "little things" from British Only, but the last time I checked, they were going out of business or changing hands and you had to order $150.00 worth of parts for them to talk to you. If I need something quick, I go to European Motorcycles in Redmond (Seattle is home). Steve, the owner, is a grumpy fuck but you can get what you need. (Just kidding, Steve :p) He also does great machining and he's not one of those purists who looks down his nose at "chopper" guys because you screwed with a precious British "piece".

·
Registered
276 Posts
I only here good things about four aces. But do not go to british parts chicago. IT is a dump i never seen a shop look like it before. those guys cant even give you a set of fork seals that will fit your bike. their web site tricked me. it was so nice and had hundreds of parts. i went there and they had busted ass parts scattered around in cardboard boxes all over the floor.

·
Registered
160 Posts
There is always Rabers out here in the bay area. They are down in San Jose. They are not always the cheapest, but they usually have what you need, and are pretty helpful. If you go into the shop they will let you go through the parts, new and used, or help you find what you are looking for. They will also give you credit for stock or custom stuff you bring in, buying them out right, or trading for the parts you want from them. I know Bruce, from Hollywood Bobbers, is comming out with more and more top notch parts too. He is a stand up guy, and has helped me out a lot with my triumph. He is out of the south San Francisco area.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
british cycle supply all the way. best prices around. i tried rask once and their prices were double BCS. not kidding. i've also used rabers a few times. BCS hasn't let me down, and they're nice as hell. i usually get my stuff within a day or two as well.

·
Registered
626 Posts
FOR PART'S IVE ALWAY'S USED BRITISH CYCLE. GOOD SERVICE, GOOD PRICES. THERE IS A GUY NAMED TED THAT WORK'S THERE, SEEM'S PRETTY KNOWLEDGABLE(?). RABER'S IS COOL THEY JUST TAKE FOREVER ON ANYTHING!!
RIGHT NOW MY TRIUMPH IS AT WES'S (FOURACES)
AFTER GOING TO HIS SHOP I THINK I'M GOING TO USE HIM ALL THE TIME NOW!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts