Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great day today went to Plowboy's house in Urbana Ill.
Plowboy or (arron) is the builder of the spacetruck and his current project is the lunar lander.He had a get together today and invited people from around the midwest to his house to meet the ruler of all rulers when it comes to metal workin Mr Fay Butler.This man has forgot more about metal working than most of us will ever know.
I was thourghly impressed with him as he went out of his way to speak and introduce himself to everyone who pulled in the drive.No question was a dumb question tried to answer anything he could.If you ever catch motorcycle mania 2 with jesse james and kidrock at the beginning of the show Fay is the one who taught Jesse how to shape and rivet the copper tank on his bike.Burgers,Beer,Great hospitality and metal workin.Well worth the 550 mile round trip.
Click on link below to see a couple pics.
Shoe
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62126
Heres a link to Fay's site
[/url]http://faybutler.com/

PS. Please Dont start the JJ bashin that is not why i posted this.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Man, from what you've said, Mr. Butler sounds like quite a guy. I love it when people share their knowledge without pretense. It's part of what makes the HAMB and the Jockey Journal so cool too.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Triumph Terror is right,what an awesome time @ the rust ranch!!!!!! Faye Butler is very cool,taking the time to meet and check out everybody's stuff blew me away.My girlfriend took a bunch of pictures,but i'm acomplete dumbass when it to doing computer stuff so she will have to do it for me.They should be up sometime tomorrow.I can't wait to see the "FayeTheWelder" vest Jesse James had Bill Wall make for him.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
bustedlifter said:
Triumph Terror is right,what an awesome time @ the rust ranch!!!!!! Faye Butler is very cool,taking the time to meet and check out everybody's stuff blew me away.My girlfriend took a bunch of pictures,but i'm acomplete dumbass when it to doing computer stuff so she will have to do it for me.They should be up sometime tomorrow.I can't wait to see the "FayeTheWelder" vest Jesse James had Bill Wall make for him.
I'm a dumbass,I fuckin' spelled Fay's name wrong!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice to meet you there Bustedlifter cool scoot even if it is a old shovel and made in america.:D Remember the brits are comin oneth by land twoth by sea.LoL

Need to post up some pics of the seats your makin they are pretty cool.I am sure you could pimp a few of those out to some jockey members.

Well I guess my next big shin dig in the fine state of IL. will probably be the Pileup not quite as much corn and beans to wade thru there.

Shoe

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
Nice to meet you there Bustedlifter cool scoot even if it is a old shovel and made in america.:D Remember the brits are comin oneth by land twoth by sea.LoL

Need to post up some pics of the seats your makin they are pretty cool.I am sure you could pimp a few of those out to some jockey members.

Well I guess my next big shin dig in the fine state of IL. will probably be the Pileup not quite as much corn and beans to wade thru there.

Shoe
Thanks. If anybody wants to see some seats check out my site, www.bustedlifterleather.com,shameless self promotion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts