Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy folks just thought i'd drop a little intro down.

My names Bj's - Moonshiners. - South Coast UK.

First off i know i'm gonna get a slagging because the bike i'm building now is from the land of the rising sun, but I thought I'd post it anyway... Frankly cos I don't care. Don't get me wrong I'd much prefer and old brit, pan etc... But as many of you know $$$ is always a pain in the ass. Lets just say I got this motor for less than a set of sportster rims and we'll leave it at that.

When I started this I had a 46 Chevy lurking around, my old '52 chevy Kemp, a '31 Cali (steel) pick up and a rather neat 390ci cad hiding under a bench waiting for some parts from the god of speed.

So now you kinda get where i'm coming from with this.

Frame was built c/o Benny and the crew @ Boneshaker Choppers
www.boneshakerchoppers.co.uk
the rest has pretty much been hand fabbed. Will post up to date pics if you guys are interested...

But it's been built in a garage the proper way on the tightest budget ever which just goes to prove...

But yea enough waffling, point is i rather be out buildin and ridin than just sitting on my couch thinking about doing it. So hey ho here ya go.

If you guys are interested I'll post more pics as she comes on, The Tank already has been paint stripped and ready for some flake'n the rest of it you'l just have to wait and see!

Rock on!

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey, welcome to the board from another Limey!
They aint worried about Jap stuff here, but just don't start talkin' about ANYTHING billet or they'll give you a real verbal kicking!!:p
Bike looks good, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Prankster, No worries on the billet front... as you can probably tell! Nice to hear there are more than a couple of us in the UK up to this stuff!

This bike was mainly inspired by Andrew Peters of "Jeez Louise!" Fame he ran an old Panhead when i worked for him, that originally had a set of the "hardest" zeds i've ever seen, I actually bought the zeds back after tracking them down some time later and 5 owners, alot of people couldn't figure them out as they were cut down on one side for suicide and jock' but they don't really suit the XS so I'm probably going to stick with the flattys.

PS> The zeds pictured on the XS wern't the ones from the Panhead...!

With all the other projects on, i didn't have the cash to sink in to a nice motor etc... but still wanted to build a traditional bike the same way i do my cars...

Hopefylly she'll be done in a couple weeks.

Andrews Panhead, can be seen rolling about Vancouver Island CA. since he headed out last year.

Pic attached: -

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coolcastings.com said:
Looks good, I am building a '73 TX650 - I would go back to the twisted bars shown in your first pick or if you don't want 'em send them over the pond!
Thanks dude, RE: The Twisted Bars, I actually gave them to Benny @ Boneshakers as a "Thanks for your help dude..."

I think he's still got them, drop him a line via his website if you want, they were pretty rad!

P.S www.SpeedandStrip.co.uk

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If it's a cool looking bike, I could care less where it originally came from. Nice looking bike man, keep us posted on your progress and keep posting pics - those go over well around here.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's that set off mean ass Zed's off the old pan, i could possibly be convinced to part with them for the right money if someone was seriously interested... They're 100% hand fabbed by a true builder and excellent welder...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
how do

bikes looking good...

tell me when you are up and running and we can have a run up to birmingham

thought you had got that tank all flaked out a month or 2 back....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
sumo said:
how do

bikes looking good...

tell me when you are up and running and we can have a run up to birmingham

thought you had got that tank all flaked out a month or 2 back....
my mate owns Kustom Kolours in Bournemouth, he painted the Ms' 356. He offered to flake the tank, a while back, but havn't had a chance to do it yet, hoping to be on the road end of the month fingers crossed depends on how long it will take for powdercoat and paint (havn't decided if i'm gonna paint the frame or p/c it yet...)

But yea would be a cool run up to Bennys new shop!

Good to see you on here Sumo... Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
bike is as freddie prinze would say.... "loooooooooooooooooooooking good"...

you can get her on the road faster than next year! the hard shit is done, LOL

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
dude - its me that is looking at next year on my next bike.. this is where i am at - i think im being an optimist but hey...

bj will be riding up by place in a month or so on it then on to boneshakers for a brew or whatever...

the xs650 is looking bad now - the mainstay of british chops for the last god knows how many years but always looks the part

im looking forwards to seeing this one and hacking a couple of hundred miles with you up to sunny brum

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha, thanks for the kind words of encouragment folks. The bike came with no clutch push rods, finally got my hands on some only to find the clutch is seized!!!

Yea my bike will be done in the next couple weeks, cash permitting.

Hopefully Sumo, will post (maybee in a new thread) with intro - He's got alot of cool stuff! and his current lil run around ;-)

Sumo's 45 will rock! can't wait to go for a hoon with you on that!

just bobbed the fender - (yes sumo MY one) - I hand built this fender from sheet steel a year or two ago, my first scratch built fender so I'm happy it's going on the bike!

Keep the cool words coming, one of the few things stopping me throwing the clutch through the garage window! Sometimes you just run out of steam eh'!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
sorry man - im used to bennys more free form kinda site not used to this separate thread for different shit thing...

want to see that fender you beat out - might hit your brains for some help on that front.... im fancying doing my own tank / fenders...

well - im going to piss about in the garage for a couple of hours then i think i have been told to go do an intro....:D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You know i didn't mean it like that! Just meant you had alot of cool stuff going on maybe worth an intro that was all...

Yea I love my lil fender, suprisingly wasn't as hard as i thought it would be (hard to bring myself) to cut up that first fender... will post pics once it's mounted.

If you want help beating your own tank/fenders, get your hands on an english wheel and i'll sort you out... I want one, but dont have the $ or the space at the moment... Post some pics of your ride and show these guys that keep ridin' on the wrong side of the road how we do it over in Limey Land...

Right, where's Long Tall Sally!????

I hope this makes sense, I've had a lilttle too much to drink to be let loose on the tinternet....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TurboRoadster said:
dont cha wanna sand the hardly davidson logo off the tank before you go for fish and chips?
Tanks already stripped for paint, HD logo is long gone!!! Tank is bare waiting for squirt...

As it happens I have the best chippy just down the road from my house, so when you get bored of Wendy's head over here and have some real fried food!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.