Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
2 wheeler said:
so whats the cut off dates on the bike years . are we keeping it pre? or are we just keeping open any body?
I personally hope we never get that snobby....anything goes if you ask me.

When I'm riding - I'll give a nod to ANYONE else who's on 2 Wheels - it doesn't matter what it looks like, they "get" it.....

What happens if I have a question about a "new" bike? I'm not supposed to get help from my internet buddies because it doesn't fit the criteria of "cool"?

I'll probably start the first fight on this board on this stance, it's only a matter of time, right?

If Carps were here I'd be less worried....lol ( ;) if your watching...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Broman said:
I personally hope we never get that snobby....anything goes if you ask me.
I agree. Only time will tell. Some boards get counter productive with the bashing.

The difference here as appsed to the HAMB is that you can do the some-what of the same styling changes to a twin cam as you can a knuckle. There are obvious difference between engine, but the same basic parts.

Now take a '99 chevy car and a '49 chevy car and that's not the case.

I sure hope we don't get the period police over here.

I do forsee a kick vs electric battles happening one day. Whoo good thing I have both ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I agree bikes are different, besides theres too much who rides what bs in motorcycling as it is... lets just keep the sight limited to real riders...

dvanecek said:
I agree. Only time will tell. Some boards get counter productive with the bashing.

The difference here as appsed to the HAMB is that you can do the some-what of the same styling changes to a twin cam as you can a knuckle. There are obvious difference between engine, but the same basic parts.

Now take a '99 chevy car and a '49 chevy car and that's not the case.

I sure hope we don't get the period police over here.

I do forsee a kick vs electric battles happening one day. Whoo good thing I have both ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
2 wheeler said:
so whats the cut off dates on the bike years . are we keeping it pre? or are we just keeping open any body?
I don't think there should necessarily be a time frame, but a mind set. Keep things traditional. Stay away from the billet stuff, and blister pack stuff. Keep in mind what made certain periods of motorcycle history great, like the HAMB with hot rods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
COOL will never have a best before date.

Would we ban Cole Foster's blue bike and indulge in 70's Honda choppers with extended forks and no rake?

Wouldn't keeping in TRADITIONAL styles take care of the whole issue?

/Mikael
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but the intent was indeed to be pre-evo on this board. That said, this board has taken on it's own life and it is very strong. I honestly think that "the powers that be" will not fuck with the success that this board already is.

I wave to every rider as well even though I ride a Harley, my "training wheels" was a '74 Honda 550K, good ol' UJM. Wish I still had it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
This board is made up of Hambers it will take care of itself. Dont be elitist ,you may be missing out on some good info and some good stories.
"wave to everybody on the road, you never know when you will need help,or who it will come from!"
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top