Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I will be heading to Southern Idaho around Thanksgiving time to spend time with the family and relax after a long deployment. I have been thinking about going on a nice long road trip (you know 3-4days) and stop to visit a few friends. Right now I only have about 3 places I know I will be stopping at. Tennessee to see a friend from the Jalopy board, onto Florida to visit friend from here, and then back up to Alabama to visit another friend from the Jalopy board as well.

Other than that it's an open road!
Since my wife and I will be transferring to Okinawa, Japan in December this will be our last road trip through the US for a few years and I would like to make it good one. I plan on bringing along the camera to take lots of pictures, then I can hang some of the photos in my living room along with my other junk

It'll be fun to finally put some faces to names and get to actually shake thier hands.

The dates for this trip will probably be Dec 1st to the 3rd or the 4th or the 5th. Yeah I know I picked a cold time of year to do this but it'll still be fun.

Here's my route if anyone is interested:
http://g.co/maps/qrdjd

Solo

·
Registered
52 Posts
When you come through Birmingham make sure that you set aside some time to check out the Barber Motorsports Museum. I live about 15 miles south of Birmingham so if you need any kind of help while you are passing through - don't hesitate to hit me up on here. Have fun and stay safe!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't think this one is gonna happen. My brother just sent me a photo of the foot of snow that was dropped on Southern Idaho a week or so ago...
I think it might be better to stay near the fireplace or a warm garage.

Solo

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you go to Okinawa, you can buy the Pan chopper that's in the Harley shop on Koza St. He only wants like 8 grand.
You taking about Al's shop? if he still has that bad ass chop with the 4 foot bars I just might have to talk him out of it. Unless I can talk anhtoer friend out of his '77 Shovel. (here's a few pics)
Suicide shift and a springer front end could get interesting in Okinawan traffic...

Solo

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Youll be passing near by to me (Smyrna, TN) - gimme a holla at 615-714-6292 if ya need anything

Right now I only have about 3 places I know I will be stopping at. Tennessee to see a friend from the Jalopy board,
Here's my route if anyone is interested:
http://g.co/maps/qrdjd

Solo

·
Registered
310 Posts
You taking about Al's shop? if he still has that bad ass chop with the 4 foot bars I just might have to talk him out of it. Unless I can talk anhtoer friend out of his '77 Shovel. (here's a few pics)
Suicide shift and a springer front end could get interesting in Okinawan traffic...

Solo
Yep, Al's shop. Too bad the thing's covered in Grateful Dead stuff, but, you know, I'd paint it. Right across the street there's that shop with one of those Japanese-built pseudo-harleys.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^^
I have been after Al's bike for awhile. I almost traded my '53 Chevy for it but he's so dam tall that he couldn't see out from under the chopped top...

Solo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.