Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
older (early 80's) GS1100 vs new V-Rod...best two out of three...V-Rod took the first (GS1100 guy got beat off the line)....GS1100 took the 2nd, V-Rod stated his clutch was sticking....third race (after 15 minute wait to let the clutch cool and a one bike length head start) GS1100 caught him....

I wasn't pulling for either guy....if it has two wheels, I like it....but the 20 year old Suzuki made the V-Rod look BAD....and the Zook appeared to be mostly stock...in really good condition, but still mostly stock....

Plus the guy on the Zook had to have been 30+ lbs heavier than the guy on the V-Rod

...not a gonna be on the high-light reel for The Motor Company

·
Registered
967 Posts
I've got a 78 GS1000 and I wouldn't trade it for 100 Vrods. I love the thing - 100% reliable and cheap!! Fastest thing I've ever ridden - but I don't get out much....

Interesting results, though.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I read somewhere I think that the show gives the loser x amount of dollars for their ride so it aint like their totally out.
shoe
caffeine said:
so what did the guy do with the new Vrod? from what i "heard" at least they follow through with the pink slip thing, and its not just for tv....but ..

...wait....who cares?

nevermind...ignore me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Why am i not surprised, VRods are fast for Harleys not for motorcycles. If you read any of the bike rags like Cycle World they give proven performace figures for all major bikes in the last few pages each month. Harleys are very slow compaired to quite a few bikes, Hell, my ST2 Ducati 2 valve with bags, tank Bag, and my wife on board beat a VRod at stop light racing in Daytona. And if you want to ride a fast bike you don't consider a V-Rod. But hey it's a Harley and that by itself will get you fame, fortune, and laid, according to the ads (that from a long time Harley rider for the last 35 years, still have one), but they haven't been fast since the Kawi 500 tripple came out in 69 and blew the doors off my 68 XLCH.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts