Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wasn't going to..but I decided to post some pics. Maybe alittle new school for some.

I built this in the warehouse at my work. Haven't really turned a wrench in 15 years and I decided I was going to build a bike. I even went to night school to learn how to TIG weld. I also just had some basic wrenches when I started, so I had to buy those too(spent all most as much on tools as the bike).

Enjoy

________
Herbalaire Vaporizer

·
Registered
269 Posts
Very nice bike!
It has a BAD ASS look!

Now, i gotta ask, what clutch are you runnin'?
I don't see no handle, and no cable from the grip......
Maybe i'm loosin' it....help a brotha out..

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm just trying to get this post to have 20 replies, so there are 20 questions.. HAHA...

That's a really beautiful bike - I would never guess that was a first build for anyone..

Here's a question.. If you were going to do it again, what would you do different if anything? Gonna build another one?

:)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I'll try to answer all the questions:

The pics I loaded in photo bucket and then pasted the URL in my post.

We install fire sprinkler systems out of our warehouse.

I have a foot clutch and the cable runs under the motor.

I think it is a '37 chevy taillight.

The tank is a 5" stretch independent. Not sure how many gallons.

I am working on looking for a good jump.....know of any?

Thanks alot for the props! flatshoebox suggest I post it on here.
________
MarcelineDeLocke

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
tinyelvis said:
I'm just trying to get this post to have 20 replies, so there are 20 questions.. HAHA...

That's a really beautiful bike - I would never guess that was a first build for anyone..

Here's a question.. If you were going to do it again, what would you do different if anything? Gonna build another one?

:)
Thanks!

The only thing I would change would be using a full size battery. I have a spyke compact one and it needs to be left on a battery tender all the time. I made hunderds of changes as I was building it.

No bikes for a while...I have a model a coupe that I am working on now.

If I were to build another bike at this point, it would be a flathead harley or a british bike.

good questions.
________
buttsex Webcam

·
Registered
421 Posts
tinyelvis said:
Those were my thoughts exactly Tiny e. I can tell you with no small amount of honesty that my first bike looked nothing like that. :eek:

Myke, big props not only on a job well done but for the way you did it. I love the "built in the warehouse" type stories. They're very Johnny Cash: One Piece At A Time. And it has a bunch more bike romance than my usual "watch ebay for stuff 'til I get it cheap and bug my friends for their extra unused parts" builds. ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.