Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Finally got them up! Cut the front half off and goosed it alittle. Had a guy make the neck and reweld all of my shit ones. Most of it I traded for or was laying at a friends house. The oil tank I cut down to fit from a extinguisher. Still got to redo alot of things but I guess this is the look it is going to have. Still dont know about the tank, might switch to a sporty but who knows. Dave

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Nice rake,stretch and length..it "sits" pretty damn good...!
That's why I would go for shorter, lower profile bars..but that's just me..
Keep us informed !

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Capt. Cal said:
that is really sweet. its got a really good stance to it. i say keep the tank, a sporty might look too big. awsome man, nice job.
Thanks Guys Its my first chop! My main thing was I didnt want the front end way off the ground I came pretty close to level had to chop the forks down some and when I get a rear tire it should raise it some in the ass and make it closer to level. The Tank is jap thin so I just tacked it. to get the spot, so I might try to find one similar to it. It looks alot better to me since I got it out of the garage and have seen a good picture of it. I still have a love & hate feeling about it, but I guess when you build something its kind of hard to please yourself. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
ratrodshrum said:
Thanks Guys Its my first chop! My main thing was I didnt want the front end way off the ground I came pretty close to level had to chop the forks down some and when I get a rear tire it should raise it some in the ass and make it closer to level. The Tank is jap thin so I just tacked it. to get the spot, so I might try to find one similar to it. It looks alot better to me since I got it out of the garage and have seen a good picture of it. I still have a love & hate feeling about it, but I guess when you build something its kind of hard to please yourself. Thanks Dave
I hate to be a wise ass,but how do you sit and ride that thing.Its way kool,but I guess these things aren't built for comfort.
Thanks
Crosley8 (yes I own one)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks good. I do think some drag bars would look better, but that's only what I would do were it mine. I do think you'll find you are gonna need some forward controls with a seat that low, unless you are real short your knees;ll cramp up with the stock midcontrols. Just something to think about, that could make the difference between a bar hopper and something you'll want to take long trips on.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
james said:
Looks good. I do think some drag bars would look better, but that's only what I would do were it mine. I do think you'll find you are gonna need some forward controls with a seat that low, unless you are real short your knees;ll cramp up with the stock midcontrols. Just something to think about, that could make the difference between a bar hopper and something you'll want to take long trips on.
knees and discomfort aren't an issue when you're young.............
it's all about lookin good and gettin laid :D

(of course when you get older you pay in spades for that shit)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts