Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics from the weekend ride

Well me and Walls fellow JJ member loaded up our bikes and with his little brother and my friend Charlie we set out to ride to GumbyChucks house for a little southern hospitality and get together.
Well I dont know if this classifies us iron butts, but to take off and on a rigid frame bike for a 450 mile round trip you learn alot about your bike and yourself and what ails ya.This was alot of fun and by next week I will be ready to doit again.Just a few problems seems my bike decides it wants to disgard its taillamp everytime I go to kentucky and Walls can tell ya jockey shifter problems during rush hour traffic in BG aint no fun.Well hope ya enjoy the shots.
Shoe.
Gumby Chuck at his homestead

Rest stop given that ass abreak on the way home

Walls hammer down thru the hills of KY

Over the shoulder shot of Danny

·
Registered
591 Posts
LOOK at that beautiful countryside! Breaks my heart just seein' pictures of it. Who got hit in the forehead by a giant bumble bee or grasshopper? Anybody?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not anyone that I know of but my boy hard luck was leaving BG and we hit a small set of twisties when his brake pedal broke off and he fred flinstoned it off the road and thru a fence row.Messed the bike up some but, were glad all he got was a few scrapes and a bruise.We told him he needs to change his name to good luck.My friend Charlie that was behind him made the comment that he knew it was not gonna be good when he saw smoke comin off his shoes before he left the rode way.

Shoe

Conder said:
LOOK at that beautiful countryside! Breaks my heart just seein' pictures of it. Who got hit in the forehead by a giant bumble bee or grasshopper? Anybody?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Shoe, I been following ya'll's party plans and hafta say I was this close to just blowing a buncha stuff off and jumpin on the tard and riding out there. You, Sawsall and Trucker Trash have been awesome to me and I think it would be badass to ride and party with ya'll. Maybe next time, on the ole Wet n Smokey(we call it the Buff now).

·
Registered
500 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
Thanks Crow and bro your welcome to ride with us anytime and we need your girl cause she is a much better picture taker than myself.

Shoe
Oh yeah she'll be with me, own her own blaster no doubt(actually she has claimed the Buff so I hafta finish it and the Ralpher).

But you guys better be gentlemen.

·
Registered
591 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
My friend Charlie that was behind him made the comment that he knew it was not gonna be good when he saw smoke comin off his shoes before he left the rode way. Shoe
FUCK YEAH! You can't buy THAT at the mall! My eyes are watering, I can see that episode plain as day HO HO. That's a tough bike too, glad they're okay....

·
Registered
7 Posts
if any one knew of this & didn't show up, they missed one hell of a good time.

good food, great riding, and even better people! it was just a kick ass two days

that i'll not forget!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Man looks like you guys had a great time!! Glad Hard Luck is ok, that would go in the "Exciting yet unpleasant experience" :D catagory

Thats a good ride when ya have to resole the boots when ya get back!!

Road trips like this sure clears the head awesome countryside thanks for the pic's

·
Registered
44 Posts
looked like alot of fun. The doc says 4 more weeks of no riding then maybe a little. Someday we will get to ride together Shoe.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Luke Nosewalker said:
Shoe,

Do you have any more pics or info on the bike in the back of the truck. It looks pretty cool.

yeah....he drove it to GunbyChuck`s in the back of a truck the night before not running....made some gaskets out of a sheet of gasket stock and then they took turns kicking the shit out of it for two hours before HardLuck (that guy) found out he had left the wire the the boyer disconnected.......fucked up shit but hey....it`s all about the bikes.......the tank is clear shot over bare metal and man let me tell ya that thing is hell on wheels......you got to take your life into your own hands when you straddle that beast.....that`s what`s so cool about it......it is the definition of HOMEBUILT

I don`t know if the pics still show up but the dude that built her goes by the handle HardLuck he`s from Louisville,KY and he haunts the Southern Fried Chopper forum....pics might still be in the archive as we too quite a few of `em that night......mine don`t show up well as the camera was goin dead but try these links

link to forum threads: http://antonyl.brinkster.net/fiweb/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1465&SearchTerms=satchel

also: http://antonyl.brinkster.net/fiweb/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1451&SearchTerms=I,bailed

here`s another pic

·
Registered
100 Posts
Antibilly said:
I cant wait to ride my bike in the back of my truck..thats cooooool
looks like a blast guys.
it was more of a funny sarcastic kinda pose.....Hardluck had tried like hell to get that bike finished for the shindig at Chuck`s and wasn`t going to show up because it wasn`t running......so they called him names till his buddy loaded it into the truck and hauled him down there so we could help him get it going....

here`s the rundown (he showed up after me and I got to Chuck`s at 9:00 pm)

Hardluck shows up with bike in truck
we unload bike,drool on it and roll it into Chucks shop
Chuck strums his guitar and sings tunes while Hardluck makes gaskets out of whatever.....
hardluck gets primary all sealed up and charges battery
Hardluck kicks the beast a few hundred times.....so does Chuck and Sawsall
I noticed that when he cracked the throttle,only one slide moves
We checked the carb and saw the cable was busted and the end of it was missing
(oh shit it went into the motor).....we felt around inside the head for the missing piece but to no avail

I looked behind the left tailpipe and we found the end of the throttle cable
Chuck solder cable end back on

they resumed kicking but it only popped and sputtered
Chuck and Sawsall tried to time and retime the boyer.....a bunch
Chuck and Saw took a break kicking the hell out of it and drank firewater while Hardluck kept at it
after I had mentioned a loose wire to Hardluck earlier (to which he replied "I can`t remember what that one goes to"),he decides to trace it and voila`.....bike fires right up........victory is at hand at about 1:00 am

next morning me and the OL leave to visit her daughter in college near Chuck`s as they set out for a ride to L`ville

as soon as Hardluck (ironic name)hits the first twisty,his rear (and ONLY) brake rod jumps ship and he`s smoking his tennis shoes trying to stop the bike......he runs off the road and into a fence and ditch but escapes relatively unhurt........that pic was taken after the fact as a joke.........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts