Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll post some pics. I'm purty excited. Will post pics tomorrow. 1982 4 speed frame, FLH front end, and one set of cases in bad shape. I can't wait. Frame up custom done the way I want it. Just have to decide how I want it. This is going to be a long term project. I want to do all of the work myself. I've never rebuilt a motorcyle engine before (unless you count Vespa engines).

My game plan is to get it to rolling chassis status and then start saving up for the engine rebuild.

First step will be fabricating rigid hardtail from scratch since it's a swingarm frame.

-derek.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got everything loaded up, can't wait to take it home. Stuck at work still. It's actually a complete lower end which was a nice surprise. Frame looks awesome, the guy just had it powdercoated semi-gloss black. It will be a shame to cut it up and weld on it. I can see why guys chopped these things, it's heavy as hell! Pics to follow.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Don't cut it.
Swingarms are righteous!

Voneville said:
Got everything loaded up, can't wait to take it home. Stuck at work still. It's actually a complete lower end which was a nice surprise. Frame looks awesome, the guy just had it powdercoated semi-gloss black. It will be a shame to cut it up and weld on it. I can see why guys chopped these things, it's heavy as hell! Pics to follow.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol. It needs a "theme" though. Then by the magic of television if I throw enough wrenches and curse at my son enough someone else will build it for us just in the nick of time.

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ryno said:
That's a beautiful bike, no doubt. My step daddy has one bad ass 4 speed pan/shovel with it's swingarm intact. I think they're cool, especially gangster style (low as hell with big ass apes dragin fenders). But if that's the style I wanted I would buy one that's already together, you can get them really cheap.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wgemeinhardt said:
You can get a weld on kit for 4 speed frames. Easy to do and looks good.
This one is from garage company.
I might buy one, but I have all the materials and capabilities at my shop to build one. It's just a matter of how motivated I am! I'm really strapped for cash, so if I can put the 150 or so towards rebuilding the motor or buying something else I need that I can't fabricate I would be better off.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Looks like a good start. I have started with much less.
Hank

1 - 14 of 14 Posts